Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ITV leaders debate

ReputationRep:
    With Jeremy corbyn and theresa may declining to attend, who do you think will come out best in the debate?!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone even care? Most people minds are already made up. Tory majority on the horizon even if Corbyn pulls a rabbit out his backside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deannemi3457)
    I wouldn't be too sure. Theresa mays manifesto is absolutely terrible, she's cutting pensions for the elderly and social care, axing free school meals, and there's no evidence she wants to help finance the NHS.

She's not making herself look any better by refusing to debate with other leaders. She comes across as a complete coward tbh
    They don't need a good manifesto and there would be no point in a debate since she would only have something to lose from taking part in one. If the Tories had published no manifesto they are still going to win in a landslide.

Majority of the country wants Brexit to be done and she has positioned herself as the only legitimate figure to do so and the priority of Brexit this election over rides that of any other issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Searcher123)
    They don't need a good manifesto and there would be no point in a debate since she would only have something to lose from taking part in one. If the Tories had published no manifesto they are still going to win in a landslide.

Majority of the country wants Brexit to be done and she has positioned herself as the only legitimate figure to do so and the priority of Brexit this election over rides that of any other issue.

Even if that means coming out of the single market and making digs at all the politicians...

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous. People should and do vote based on manifestos, regardless of how parties have done previously in local elections. Any media that Theresa has done has been carefully managed and staged, if she did participate in a debate I'd doubt she'd be able to handle questions well.

This general election is not about brexit. It's a chance to rid ourselves of a Tory government which is responsible for brexit and it's results.
    She's too scared to speak to "common people" because she's distanced herself in the snobbery that is the Tory party

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous. People should and do vote based on manifestos, regardless of how parties have done previously in local elections. Any media that Theresa has done has been carefully managed and staged, if she did participate in a debate I'd doubt she'd be able to handle questions well.

This general election is not about brexit. It's a chance to rid ourselves of a Tory government which is responsible for brexit and it's results.
    Maybe you and people you know vote by reading the manifestos but normal people don't. They vote based on ideas, preconceptions and emotions. May like Cameron is very much uncomfortable with having debates with their opponenets, she can just skip them. She will win either way she could do without the stress and risk.

So the Tory government is 52% of British voters? I thought this was a sensible discussion... oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E102)
    She's too scared to speak to "common people" because she's distanced herself in the snobbery that is the Tory party
    No doubt the Tory top brass are snobs. So is the Labour party top brass full of snobs and hypocrites like Emily Thornberry and Diane Abbott

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Searcher123)
    No doubt the Tory top brass are snobs. So is the Labour party top brass full of snobs and hypocrites like Emily Thornberry and Diane Abbott
    That's very true and aggressive kezia dugdale, although I do like Jeremy, I won't be voting for them though

ReputationRep:
    Who will come out best? Labour, because all the super irrelevant parties will show how hopeless they are.

ReputationRep:
    I know, that's why I won't be voting Tory.
    May campaigns for 'strong and stable leadership', yet she can't even face ordinary people.
    Earlier in her manifesto today, everything she said sounded so scripted
    Strong and stable lmao she looks so fragile I could snap her like a twig and her voice literally quivers when she speaks I'm not voting them either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E102)
    Strong and stable lmao she looks so fragile I could snap her like a twig and her voice literally quivers when she speaks I'm not voting them either
    So who are you voting for?

ReputationRep:
    So who are you voting for?
    SNP, you?

ReputationRep:
    That's because it was scripted.... Tell me about one manifesto launch that hasn't been?

(Original post by E102)
    Given all your posts from what I have seen, I'm sure that's a big surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)

Given all your posts from what I seen, I'm sure that's a big surprise!
    What's that supposed to mean lmao

ReputationRep:
    I know, that's why I won't be voting Tory.
    May campaigns for 'strong and stable leadership', yet she can't even face ordinary people.
    I was just reading this ..
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/10/...ntellectuals/#
    and wondered if Corbyn feels a little out of place in the company of intellectuals.

ReputationRep:
    Labour
    I would have voted for them if I lived in England I think Jeremy is a genuine, good willed guy, I just don't like the Scottish labour leader

ReputationRep:
    SNP may do a coalition with labour I've read but I'm not sure !
    Yeah they both deny it to stop the media and tories critising but I think they would to get the tories out

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an absolute disgrace that a xenophobic, racist bigot like Paul Nuttall is given a platform to spread his hateful rhetoric.

I've sent a complaint to ITV and I would urge everybody else to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Most boring thing I ever watched. Politics is actually dead AF

Its a farce the two main parties refused to attend.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto snapshots

Quickfire guides on what the main parties are promising

Party Leader quesions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.