Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS Law Unit 2 (19/05/2017) Predictions [Criminal & Tort] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Got some things to consider that could potentially come up as they either didn't appear last year and potentially haven't come up for sometime if at all.

Criminal
    Q1/2

1. Explain how the Actus Reus can be the basis of a crime
    > Voluntary act, state of affairs, omissions

2. Strict liability being the basis of a crime
    > Case of Shar & Larsonner

Q3/4
    1. Battery / Assault in scenario leading to ABH
    2. Battery / Assault alone

Q5/6
    1. Aims of sentencing
    2. Outline range of sentencing for specific offence or factors court will consider

Tort
    Q7
    1. 3 Risk factors
    2. How a duty is owed

Q8
    1. How risk factor affects the standard (if 3 risk factors are not asked in Q7)
    2. Explaining the rules of Factual causation & remoteness of damage

Questions after this can get messy and it's hard to predict these as they usually overlap with past papers somehow unless someone want's to have a go at predicting them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHarrisMedia)
    Got some things to consider that could potentially come up as they either didn't appear last year and potentially haven't come up for sometime if at all.

Criminal
    Q1/2

Q3/4

Q5/6
    1. Aims of sentencing
    2. Outline range of sentencing for specific offence or factors court will consider

Tort
    Q7
    1. 3 Risk factors
    2. How a duty is owed

Q8

Questions after this can get messy and it's hard to predict these as they usually overlap with past papers somehow unless someone want's to have a go at predicting them.
    Thanks man I really needed this

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, let's hope these predictions do come up!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you still think aims will come up even though it did last year?

Criminal
    Q1/2

Q3/4

Q5/6
    1. Aims of sentencing

Tort
    Q7
    1. 3 Risk factors
    2. How a duty is owed

Q8

ReputationRep:
    CRIMINAL

1/2) Actus reus. Mens rea. Strict liability. Causation.
    3/4) Battery/ABH
    5/6) Factors affecting sentencing and procedure to trial. Could be types of sentences. Weird feeling it might be bail

TORT

1/2) DOC/Risk factors
    3/4) Damage. Res ipsa loquitur and breach.
    5/6) Damages. Tracks/courts.

ReputationRep:
    They might give a question specifically on legal causation for criminal because this is the last year for the spec so it should be tricky.

I suggest you learn the types of legal causation such as:
    -operating and substantial cause test (smith - treatment was 'thouroughly bad')
    -Intervening act (malchereck)
    -thin skull rule/take your victim as you find him (blaue)
    -victim's own as (williams and roberts)

ReputationRep:
    Gonna sound silly, bur if a question said explain 'actus reus' what would you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Megan_xo)
    Gonna sound silly, bur if a question said explain 'actus reus' what would you write?
    That is not silly. You should write in order:
    -Guilty act
    -must be voluntary...refer to Hill v Baxter as involuntary
    -it could be an omission
    omission cases: Pittwood, Dytham, Miller and Stone and Dobinson

There 8 marks SIMPLE!!!!!

Its tort that is the tricky one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnc61)
    That is not silly. You should write in order:
    -Guilty act
    -must be voluntary...refer to Hill v Baxter as involuntary
    -it could be an omission
    omission cases: Pittwood, Dytham, Miller and Stone and Dobinson

There 8 marks SIMPLE!!!!!

Its tort that is the tricky one.
    Oh no I love tort! I hate criminal law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Megan_xo)
    Oh no I love tort! I hate criminal law
    Do you have to know about the different ways of payments when compensating damages, and does the defendant always pay this?

ReputationRep:
    Law unit 2 aqa unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:

Criminal
    Q1/2

Q3/4

Q5/6
    1. Aims of sentencing

Tort
    Q7
    1. 3 Risk factors
    2. How a duty is owed

Q8

You got 60% or so tbf, I hope no one only properly revised what you mentioned though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    You got 60% or so tbf, I hope no one only properly revised what you mentioned though!
    "things to consider that could potentially come up"

If people only revised my predictions they got themselves into a stupid position, I would never simply rely on predictions, but those predictions are based from patterns and what hasn't come up. I didn't realise last year was an actus reus question until earlier today otherwise I would have changed it.

If you did thoroughly revise everything in the predictions however you should get a fair grade as alot of the weight was carried in the two OAPA predictions which were spot on along with the remoteness of damage, risk factors etc.

I personally was very shocked to see a 10 mark question on Res Ipsa Loquitur as it's quite a simple concept, gave a detailed explanation but only had 1 case (London Catherine Docks), I can only assume the majority of the marks here come from application but that did catch me off guard.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I found res ipsa loquitur wasn't that bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new1234)
    Really? I found res ipsa loquitur wasn't that bad!
    Unfortunately we wasn't taught any other case than St Catherine Docks so that didn't go well :P I think it did surprise many people though.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately we wasn't taught any other case than St Catherine Docks so that didn't go well :P I think it did surprise many people though.
    Ohh noooo! I was taught it well sooo. You will get credit for defining it and applying some of it though!!

ReputationRep:
    "things to consider that could potentially come up"

If people only revised my predictions they got themselves into a stupid position, I would never simply rely on predictions, but those predictions are based from patterns and what hasn't come up. I didn't realise last year was an actus reus question until earlier today otherwise I would have changed it.

If you did thoroughly revise everything in the predictions however you should get a fair grade as alot of the weight was carried in the two OAPA predictions which were spot on along with the remoteness of damage, risk factors etc.

I personally was very shocked to see a 10 mark question on Res Ipsa Loquitur as it's quite a simple concept, gave a detailed explanation but only had 1 case (London Catherine Docks), I can only assume the majority of the marks here come from application but that did catch me off guard.
    Yeah same, double application was annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new1234)
    Ohh noooo! I was taught it well sooo. You will get credit for defining it and applying some of it though!!
    Hopefully! Tbf I enjoyed the exam, it could've gone alot worse, now to bring on unit 3/4 :|

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! Tbf I enjoyed the exam, it could've gone alot worse, now to bring on unit 3/4 :|
    Ahhhh your in year 13! Good luck!! Dont really want to start unit 3/4 after what I have heard. :/

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.