Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Girls what is your opinion. I wash it every two days.

ReputationRep:
    Not really my thing, sorry man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supreme Dalek)
    depends, could have that dreamy surfer guy vibe or like man buns can look good sometimes

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl but it'd definitely depend on your other characteristics. I think someone should have quite a masculine face if they're growing their hair long as a male.

Eg. Sean Bean with relatively long hair:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce571594d5.jpg

My brother has longer hair and I think it suits him when it's up, but less so when it's naturally down. All depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro

Nah ain't attractive at all, some girls will tho but majority of girls wonttttt.

ReputationRep:
    2nd thread you've created on the same topic, but the answer is the same.

Depends on the girl.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is if you like it then keep it long. If you don't then cut it. Your style should be based on how you want to be, not on how you think other people want you to look.

ReputationRep:
    My mum fancies Aragorn.

Teenage girls fancy Legolas.

Both have long hair.

congrats on leaving the basic ***** haircut

okay so i`d PERSONALLY say too long is a turn off for me but too short is also a turn off. I`d say the equivalent of the basic boy haircut can work for some people but for others they just risk looking too ...simple?

I don`t want to offend anyone since this is just my personal opinion.
    So to play it safe i think most people stick to short hair but for me it`s often not ideal. I think obviously it depends on the person, but generally i tend to prefer a more rock chic look with longISH hair. Just the right combination of classy and rock/ punk if that makes any sense to you lolol

so in summary, for my personal tastes:

long and tied up is normally a MASSIVE no-no and man buns just make me want to cry :'D
    (as a side note, beards too - think hippie)
    i like it when guys have a nice trim but not cut it to the extent they look almost bald. But then some people overdo it with length IN MY OPINION and then it looks weird to me. Then in my mind there are those who just have regular boy hair.a.k.a basic boy hair
    and if it is nice and smooth hair or at least has some form and shape to it then i`m sure all is good? I mean, do YOU like your hair? because the "confidence is key" cliche stuff is trueeee

p.s here`s a dude that really has his hair game together from my subjective opinion (and outfit game, too actually) - and it`s pretty much a good length in my opinion, too. I thought it will give you a better idea of what i`m talking about since my rambling could have been confusing.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ac7f5c2c69.jpg

p.s a fringe (but an ability to see some of your forehead) is also a winner for me
    and side bangs(?) are they even called that? but yeah those long pieces of hair on the side of his face i realised i like it when people have those too
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, but it should become more socially acceptable for males to have long hair and females to have short hair- neither style should be perceived as gendered. In fact, if I saw a guy with long hair, I would have respect for the fact that you're contradicting the social construct of gender- because that's all that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cognition!)
    I'm not a girl, but it should become more socially acceptable for males to have long hair and females to have short hair- neither style should be perceived as gendered. In fact, if I saw a guy with long hair, I would have respect for the fact that you're contradicting the social construct of gender- because that's all that it is.
    I just like the seventies so I'd thought I'd go for the 70s look

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.