Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my boyfriend broke up with me and now i dont feel like going to prom Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have the nicest dress, my parents have paid for a rolls-royce and a make up artist for my prom but my date/ex broke up with me I feel sooooo horrible i just want to cry and eat ice cream and im going to fail my exams at this point we were together for 11 months idk what i did wrong but he said he has found someone else

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone answer pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel_666)
    i have the nicest dress, my parents have paid for a rolls-royce and a make up artist for my prom but my date/ex broke up with me I feel sooooo horrible i just want to cry and eat ice cream and im going to fail my exams at this point we were together for 11 months idk what i did wrong but he said he has found someone else
    :lolwut:

Prom's not that deep. I wouldn't even celebrate my masters graduation like that.

Stay home burning effigies of him. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Wow... Total mess.

Have you got any pet? There was this lady (nice looking, pretty good), she had no date for prom and her mother bought a tuxedo to her dog and she went with her dog.

Just dropping the idea and flying away...

ReputationRep:
    Personally i'd go with your friends and have a good time anyway. You weren't together all that long so use it as a stepping stone. Go without him and show him that you can have fun without him.

feel better <3

ReputationRep:
    okay first of all, your exams are wayyyyyy more important than any boy, you're gonna learn this the hard way but in high school 99.9% of boys are trash, forget them. focus on school, become motivated and set yourself revision targets, put your head down and study hard, don't mess up because of some irrelevant boy.
    As for prom, i went through the exact same thing except he didn't find someone else, i found him with someone else
    I didn't end up going even though my friends begged me to, and i regret it now tbh because they had the best night, remember you have like a hundred reasons to attend and only one to stay at home so just go

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest going anyway and looking gorgeous! Do not let him stop you from having a good time. If he left you, you're better off without him. Get your makeup on, put on your beautiful dress and show up to prom in that Rolls Royce and have as much fun as you can!

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy yo self gurl. Time will be kind.
    Male, 19
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You probably did nothing wrong. Sorry its happened and I understand it sucks, but relationships end. t was very inconsiderate for him to pick this time.

1. The most important thing s to do your exams. they are your future and more important than he will ever be,

2. By all means have a cry and a scream to get it out, even eat some ince crea,. but I say again exams.

3. Do you have any good friends you can confide in or even just talk to your parents or siblings? Talk to the Samaritans if you want a complete stranger who will listen. 116 123

4. Maybe you can go to prom with single girlfriends? Sort it out after the exams. Unclear if its year 11 or 13. Year 13 then you have a chance at uni and meeting loads of new people anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hire a male stripper to take you to prom. All joking aside, it is just prom. It is not the end of the world. Just go to prom with your friends and be proud of that fact that you're single and no longer have to deal with relationship baggage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    :lolwut:

Prom's not that deep. I wouldn't even celebrate my masters graduation like that.

Stay home burning effigies of him. :yep:
    what does that mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Personally i'd go with your friends and have a good time anyway. You weren't together all that long so use it as a stepping stone. Go without him and show him that you can have fun without him.

feel better <3
    (Original post by rrzz8)
    I would suggest going anyway and looking gorgeous! Do not let him stop you from having a good time. If he left you, you're better off without him. Get your makeup on, put on your beautiful dress and show up to prom in that Rolls Royce and have as much fun as you can!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    what does that mean
    Make a mini sculpture of him and destroy it.

ReputationRep:
    Go anyway with your mates, look flawless, make him regret his decision and slay girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    okay first of all, your exams are wayyyyyy more important than any boy, you're gonna learn this the hard way but in high school 99.9% of boys are trash, forget them. focus on school, become motivated and set yourself revision targets, put your head down and study hard, don't mess up because of some irrelevant boy.
    As for prom, i went through the exact same thing except he didn't find someone else, i found him with someone else
    I didn't end up going even though my friends begged me to, and i regret it now tbh because they had the best night, remember you have like a hundred reasons to attend and only one to stay at home so just go
    thank u so much your so right.. I will work hard and try to forget him, i'm sorry about your prom experience btw you're really pretty he must have been very stupid to cheat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Go anyway with your mates, look flawless, make him regret his decision and slay girl
    thank you! i think i will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Make a mini sculpture of him and destroy it.
    ohhhh haha thats a bit psycho

ReputationRep:
    Mabey you should go to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEFAILURE001)
    Mabey you should go to the kitchen
    *maybe
    maybe you should go to school

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.