Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Studying in Starbucks... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well hello there! This is my first post here so please excuse me if I make errors...

I'm looking to go to Starbucks this weekend (and next May Day) to revise for my exams. My friends and I have agreed to do this but as this is our first time revising out of the house/library/school we don't exactly know what to do. Is it acceptable to buy one drink then go down when that one is finished and repeat this multiple times or should I buy drinks all in one go?

If anyone has any tips for studying in public, I would appreciate it greatly.

Many thanks,
    Emily.

ReputationRep:
    lol you only need to buy one thing

ReputationRep:
    How hippy can you get? Not only is it starbucks out of all places but your name...Emily...that is the most hippiest name in the world I can't even.

Why Starbucks? Where do you live? America? pfffft me and my boys we go to Tesco Extra and have those croissants to munch on while we revise in the Lunch hall that's the British life rite there.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's better to revise in the library. From my perspective going to Starbucks is a distraction 😂 . Best to go after doing revision or to have a break there

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I revised for all my exams in Starbucks lol. I would just buy one drink and study with my laptop and textbooks and they had no problem with it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I do this all the time in Costa! You only have to buy one drink and you can sit as long as the branch is open

Also a lot of times I have sat down with one drink and talked to my friend for hours without getting told to leave!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's fine to just buy one drink at a time aha!

One key tip: Make sure the place you're studying is quiet. Studying in loud environments is never useful. If it gets too loud or noisy, go to the library or some place with designated quiet areas so that you can stay focused. These can be great at preventing you from feeling tempted to talk to your friends (nothing more embarrassing than a shush from a guy who says everyone around you is trying to study, and your whispering is annoying them).

Hope this helps!

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.