Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bath University 1st Year Accommodation 2017/18 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I have a place at the University of Bath to start studying in September 2017. I am considering going into a shared room in Woodland Court instead of my own room. I was wondering how likely it is that I will be with someone that is similar to me and how they match people together? I am studying sports performance and will be training a lot for hockey so I want to be matched with someone who has similar interests to me. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think usually when you apply for halls they have a questionnaire where you fill in interests, so they can try and match people....would suck if they didnt! I definietely had to do this for a first year flat in Exeter. Probably best to ask the accomodation team to make sure

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied for accommodation. They group the accommodations into categories depending on a combination of if they're ensuite, catered/not catered, and in town or on campus. You have to put down 7 preferences, which you rank from highest priority to lowest.

That's the only thing they ask you to do I think, there might have been a box where you can put additional comments, but they definitely didn't ask specifically for interests/hobbies. I know for Birmingham's accommodation, they'll ask you whether you're a quiet/loud person and try and put you in a building that suits that. So it must vary from uni to uni.

Not sure on the room sharing, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliegreen123)
    I have a place at the University of Bath to start studying in September 2017. I am considering going into a shared room in Woodland Court instead of my own room. I was wondering how likely it is that I will be with someone that is similar to me and how they match people together? I am studying sports performance and will be training a lot for hockey so I want to be matched with someone who has similar interests to me. Thanks!
    Hi,

I'd recommend getting in touch with our accommodation team to find that out. You can email them at [email protected] or ring them on 01225 383111.

Tim

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.