Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay hear me out. Last year my friend was bullying another kid in my year who I liked so me and my mates set up a boxing match between them to settle it. Surprise surprise the short fat bully lost. I still consider him my next mate regardless of his past but recently he's been a **** to me, and I want to box him. He's a cocky **** and is saying 'I want bare knuckle' but actually I don't want it, he's the only one who does. Any advice on what to do?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doogieduggie)
    Okay hear me out. Last year my friend was bullying another kid in my year who I liked so me and my mates set up a boxing match between them to settle it. Surprise surprise the short fat bully lost. I still consider him my next mate regardless of his past but recently he's been a **** to me, and I want to box him. He's a cocky **** and is saying 'I want bare knuckle' but actually I don't want it, he's the only one who does. Any advice on what to do?
    Please for the love of god, don't do it. What's violence going to do? Make you both look ridiculous and as bad as each other. Settle your differences in a civilised way or part ways and get on with your lives. :yy:

Whatever you're arguing over/whatever the dispute is, I can tell you right now it most likely doesn't matter at all and isn't worth the potential repercussions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Put him in a box.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Don't stoop down to his level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very split. I've tried settling normally but I really wanna get my anger out because I fear one day I will lash out. I for example have a gay uncle and he said 'I think homosexuals should be shot' he doesn't mean it but he knows it'll annoy me. I don't even think he's my friend anymore but there's no one else in my class...

ReputationRep:
    You guys really don't think I should do it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You guys really don't think I should do it?
    No, don't do it. Not worth it. Let him thrive in his own ignorance, it's not your problem. If he continues to be offensive, it's not your job to remain friends with him out of sympathy. Get rid of his negativity from your life. But please, don't get involved in some ridiculous and meaningless physical altercation for absolutely no reason. It's silly.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm very split. I've tried settling normally but I really wanna get my anger out because I fear one day I will lash out. I for example have a gay uncle and he said 'I think homosexuals should be shot' he doesn't mean it but he knows it'll annoy me. I don't even think he's my friend anymore but there's no one else in my class...
    You need to have a thicker skin though. The best weapon is silence, he'll get bored if you don't give him the attention he wants.

ReputationRep:
    I understand the silence, I try it but he always just seems to find a way to annoy me once again. I guess i'll leave the boxing thing then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.