Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help! Work,welfare and poverty Watch

ReputationRep:
    Literally think I'm gonna fail this topic, i just don't seem to get any of the info stuck in my head arggh

Can someone give me some helpful tips that could help me with this topic!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for me the content is proper easy but research methods just never gets stuck in my head. Best way is to think logically, so if you have the welfare state and the question is

'Outline the advantages of means tested benefits' 6 marks
    - Goes to the right people
    - Less tax to pay
    - Voluntary organisations strengthened

I tend to base this on what would happen in real life, makes it a lot easier to remember everything thats the good thing about poverty. Let me know if you want help on a certain topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dazza_)
    Hi, for me the content is proper easy but research methods just never gets stuck in my head. Best way is to think logically, so if you have the welfare state and the question is

'Outline the advantages of means tested benefits' 6 marks
    - Goes to the right people
    - Less tax to pay
    - Voluntary organisations strengthened

I tend to base this on what would happen in real life, makes it a lot easier to remember everything thats the good thing about poverty. Let me know if you want help on a certain topic

Thankyou! Its more when it gets to the weeks 5/6 i cant get my head around it. Crime and deviance is also my weak point when it comes to sociology, especially when it will come to 30 marker

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.