Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Can someone give me some advice on Gcse revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am am currently in the middle of my Gcse's.
    Has anyone got any tips on remembering quotes, context and general information for English Lit as this year our exams are closed book exams!
    Also , has anyone got any tips on revising history and maths? Math's I don't really know where to start as there is so much, and kind of the same with History . It just feels so overwhelming, especially with history, as there is so much content and i'm really not interested in it anymore and I'm so fed up of revising for History.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenniferdance_)
    Hi,
    Has anyone got any tips on remembering quotes, context and general information for English Lit as this year our exams are closed book exams!
    Also , has anyone got any tips on revising history and maths? Math's I don't really know where to start as there is so much, and kind of the same with History . It just feels so overwhelming, especially with history, as there is so much content and i'm really not interested in it anymore and I'm so fed up of revising for History.
    Thanks
    When I did English, I had a whiteboard to rewrite quotes out.

For maths just do past papers as it will highlight your weaknesses so you can focus on these.

In history is suggest ensuring you know the key dates for your era and then focus on the structure of your answers for the different types of questions

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    When I did English, I had a whiteboard to rewrite quotes out.

For maths just do past papers as it will highlight your weaknesses so you can focus on these.

In history is suggest ensuring you know the key dates for your era and then focus on the structure of your answers for the different types of questions

Good luck!
    Thankyou!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thanks
    I was in the same position for history. I was a consistent E student (I know) but I did flashcards and answered questions and it really worked, resulting in me getting two B's, and my final grade was a B.
    Also you do not need to know all the dates just the important ones
    read a bit before you go to bed, it helped me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adorable16)
    I was in the same position for history. I was a consistent E student (I know) but I did flashcards and answered questions and it really worked, resulting in me getting two B's, and my final grade was a B.
    Also you do not need to know all the dates just the important ones
    read a bit before you go to bed, it helped me
    Thankyou for your advice! I know how you feel, I ended up getting an A in that lengthy 2 pieces of coursework, and In the mocks in november, I got a D and an E. In the recent mocks I got a B and C, so something must be working!

I just find it, especially as this year the english is closed book, that there is so many facts and figures needed for each subject in order to get marks. Gosh I hate the government!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thanks
    just answer past papers questions it will help quotes go in ur head, if you don't know quotes already then have a plan with several quotes you will use in essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amana123)
    just answer past papers questions it will help quotes go in ur head, if you don't know quotes already then have a plan with several quotes you will use in essay.
    Thankyou xx

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your advice! I know how you feel, I ended up getting an A in that lengthy 2 pieces of coursework, and In the mocks in november, I got a D and an E. In the recent mocks I got a B and C, so something must be working!

I just find it, especially as this year the english is closed book, that there is so many facts and figures needed for each subject in order to get marks. Gosh I hate the government!
    you are welcome and I agree

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.