Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Help, my lucozade tastes really bad it doesnt taste normal at all i opened a fresh bottle

ReputationRep:
    meh

ReputationRep:
    Throw it away then.

ReputationRep:
    no but there must be some reason for it
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    To me, any kind of fizzy drink, beer etc all tastes foul :dontknow: may just be your tastebuds

ReputationRep:
    Did you brush your teeth, use mouthwash or breath freshener in the past hour or so?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadsadsadsad)
    Help, my lucozade tastes really bad it doesnt taste normal at all i opened a fresh bottle
    Lucozade changed their recipe last month and cut the sugar content down by two thirds, people got very angry about it because it's always very popular among diabetics for bringing sugar levels up quickly, and because it apparently tastes awful now. Yours may have been from a batch with the new recipe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Lucozade changed their recipe last month and cut the sugar content down by two thirds, people got very angry about it because it's always very popular among diabetics for bringing sugar levels up quickly, and because it apparently tastes awful now. Yours may have been from a batch with the new recipe.
    thanks, that explains a lot oh yeah forgot to mention it was lucozade original
    might as well try the orange one then
    • Very Important Poster

Drink it dont drink it. In fact tell customer services and get your money back.
    https://www.lucozade.com/contact/

ReputationRep:
    wont they think im crazy over £1 o.O
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Drink it dont drink it. In fact tell customer services and get your money back.
    https://www.lucozade.com/contact/
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    thanks, that explains a lot oh yeah forgot to mention it was lucozade original
    might as well try the orange one then
    They've reduced the sugar across the board, you'll have to hunt through for bottles specifically with the old sugar content.

This is assuming that's the issue, what does it say for the nutritional values on the bottle for sugar?

ReputationRep:
    try the pink lemonade one, the other ones stink! throw dis shite away
    • Very Important Poster

wont they think im crazy over £1 o.O
    Nope theyd most likely give you a £5 voucher. the point is just deal with it and get back to being ill or doing your exams.

ReputationRep:
    11.3g of sugar on the 250m bit
    salt 0.20g
    (Original post by Gofre)
    They've reduced the sugar across the board, you'll have to hunt through for bottles specifically with the old sugar content.

This is assuming that's the issue, what does it say for the nutritional values on the bottle for sugar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Nope theyd most likely give you a £5 voucher. the point is just deal with it and get back to being ill or doing your exams.
    actually i dont feel like revising anymore after drinking half the bottle mainly because its lucozade meaning you cant throw it away!
    i feel like im gonna puke
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    11.3g of sugar on the 250m bit
    salt 0.20g
    Yeah you've got the new stuff, time to go hunting for the old recipe and stock up!

ReputationRep:
    Whoa i did not know lucozade had 31g of sugar per 250ml that's insaneeeee
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by hezzlington)
    Whoa i did not know lucozade had 31g of sugar per 250ml that's insaneeeee
    Glucose innit, that's the whole point.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.