Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Can someone help? This has been bugging me... Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem,
    I've applied at the University of Surrey for 2017 and I've been offered a conditional offer for the grades ABB
    The thing is, at this moment in time, my final grades are going to look like ACC...
    I was just wondering, would this be good enough to get a place?
    If it helps, the course I'm applying for isn't popular, also I'm not getting accommodation, as I live near the Uni, and Surrey is also my firm choice.
    I know no one can guarantee me a 100% accurate answer as we have to wait for results day, but if you had to put your money on it, what would you say?
    Thanks! Any answers would be greatly appreciated xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historia-Reiss)
    I have a problem,
    I've applied at the University of Surrey for 2017 and I've been offered a conditional offer for the grades ABB
    The thing is, at this moment in time, my final grades are going to look like ACC...
    If it helps, the course I'm applying for isn't popular, also I'm not getting accommodation, as I live near the Uni, and Surrey is also my firm choice.
    I know no one can guarantee me a 100% accurate answer as we have to wait for results day, but if you had to put your money on it, what would you say?
    Hey Historia-Reiss,

As you've mentioned, no one can really say for definite whether or not your grades will be acceptable to gain entry to the course you've applied for. It all depends on how many people reach their offer grades, how many choose to accept their places and how many places there actually are on the course.

If it turns out that you don't achieve the grades you expected on results day, we will have a Clearing helpline you can ring for advice The number will be displayed on our website (www.surrey.ac.uk) from results day onwards.

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hey Historia-Reiss,

As you've mentioned, no one can really say for definite whether or not your grades will be acceptable to gain entry to the course you've applied for. It all depends on how many people reach their offer grades, how many choose to accept their places and how many places there actually are on the course.

If it turns out that you don't achieve the grades you expected on results day, we will have a Clearing helpline you can ring for advice The number will be displayed on our website (www.surrey.ac.uk) from results day onwards.

All the best,
    Ashley
    I see. Oh well. Thank you for the quick reply Ashley

ReputationRep:
    I see. Oh well. Thank you for the quick reply Ashley
    No problem Best of luck in your exams, and believe in yourself! I'm sure you'll do great

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    No problem Best of luck in your exams, and believe in yourself! I'm sure you'll do great

All the best,
    Ashley
    I really hope so! Thanks again Ashley

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem,
    Like Ashley said- you really can't call it- the different departments/ courses vary in how giving/ harsh they are with results that don't meet conditions... For my course, music, they are quite giving; I know plenty of people who missed the conditions by a fair margin. The uni does take into consideration which a levels/ btecs you are doing; so, for example, if you were applying for music which required ABB and you got an A in music but a C in chemistry, i'd be surprised if they'd reject you on that. If you were to get a C in music when they asked for ABB, chances are you'll be rejected there because you got a C in the course you've applied for... (but there are plenty of people on my course who did get a C in A-Level music and still made it!)

Best of luck though, it's natural to think you've done worse that you actually did- i certainly did this time last year xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWatkins)
    Like Ashley said- you really can't call it- the different departments/ courses vary in how giving/ harsh they are with results that don't meet conditions... For my course, music, they are quite giving; I know plenty of people who missed the conditions by a fair margin. The uni does take into consideration which a levels/ btecs you are doing; so, for example, if you were applying for music which required ABB and you got an A in music but a C in chemistry, i'd be surprised if they'd reject you on that. If you were to get a C in music when they asked for ABB, chances are you'll be rejected there because you got a C in the course you've applied for... (but there are plenty of people on my course who did get a C in A-Level music and still made it!)

Best of luck though, it's natural to think you've done worse that you actually did- i certainly did this time last year xD
    That make sense Yeah, I'm predicted at least one A, so I'm getting there I think XD thanks for answer! Hopefully I can do it

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.