Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I haven't studied history since I was 14 however It was always my best subject. My parents made me choose ict for gcse instead of history and i have always regretted it. In my free time i watch a lot of historical documentaries and watch a lot of historical dramas ( nerd i know) I also read a lot of historical books and have a keen interest in all things history. I was just wondering if it would be stupid of me to apply to a history course even though i havent studied it for gcse or a level? I did achieve an A in A level relgious studies and English literature so the essay writing wouldnt be a shock for me ,im just afraid incase there are skills id need to know before studying at degree level. Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aomc1997)
    I haven't studied history since I was 14 however It was always my best subject. My parents made me choose ict for gcse instead of history and i have always regretted it. In my free time i watch a lot of historical documentaries and watch a lot of historical dramas ( nerd i know) I also read a lot of historical books and have a keen interest in all things history. I was just wondering if it would be stupid of me to apply to a history course even though i havent studied it for gcse or a level? I did achieve an A in A level relgious studies and English literature so the essay writing wouldnt be a shock for me ,im just afraid incase there are skills id need to know before studying at degree level. Thankyou
    You would need to find unis which didn't require A-level History, of course.

In the meantime, try reading Black and MacRaild's 'Studying History'.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.