The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Help! Flat hunting.

Hi folks,

I'm a second year student looking for a flat for next year. However, I'm looking on these online sites every single day and there aren't many options to live in at all.

Am I too late?
Too early?

Perhaps graduates are moving in June/July so I should check then? To be honest, I'm kind of scared.

Appreciate any responses, please do not ignore if you have any advice.

What do you mean no options? There are plenty of cheap flats on gumtree for under £400
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by unomie
What do you mean no options? There are plenty of cheap flats on gumtree for under £400

I mean most of these flats are not even in West End! It feels like no one is leaving their flats around University so my question is: when do graduates start leaving Glasgow..?
Original post by hellahella
I mean most of these flats are not even in West End! It feels like no one is leaving their flats around University so my question is: when do graduates start leaving Glasgow..?

Glasgow finished up a few weeks ago so they probably already have. Why stay in the west end? Anywhere near a subway line is good enough and cheaper
Reply 4
Original post by unomie
Glasgow finished up a few weeks ago so they probably already have. Why stay in the west end? Anywhere near a subway line is good enough and cheaper

That's true but my lazy ass can't handle that. PS. I thought graduation was in June/July
Original post by hellahella
That's true but my lazy ass can't handle that. PS. I thought graduation was in June/July

The actual graduation ceremony is in June for people finishing their course but for people going back next year they finished like 2-3 weeks ago. Depending on how close you get to the a subway station - it'll probably be closer than whatever flat you find in the west end.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi OP,

You might prefer a private rental option, but, we have plenty of rooms still available at our student accommodation site, Bridge House: we have a lot of different age groups here so you wouldn't just be with first years like is common in university owned halls. You can secure your room for just £150 and all your bills are included in your rent. Your room will be secured and you don't need to worry about flat hunting.

Have a look on our website to see whether Bridge House would be a good fit for you: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/location/glasgow/bridge-house/

Thanks,

Lilith

Quick Reply

Latest