Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks,

I'm a second year student looking for a flat for next year. However, I'm looking on these online sites every single day and there aren't many options to live in at all.

Am I too late?
    Too early?

Perhaps graduates are moving in June/July so I should check then? To be honest, I'm kind of scared.

Appreciate any responses, please do not ignore if you have any advice.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean no options? There are plenty of cheap flats on gumtree for under £400

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unomie)
    What do you mean no options? There are plenty of cheap flats on gumtree for under £400
    I mean most of these flats are not even in West End! It feels like no one is leaving their flats around University so my question is: when do graduates start leaving Glasgow..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellahella)
    I mean most of these flats are not even in West End! It feels like no one is leaving their flats around University so my question is: when do graduates start leaving Glasgow..?
    Glasgow finished up a few weeks ago so they probably already have. Why stay in the west end? Anywhere near a subway line is good enough and cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unomie)
    Glasgow finished up a few weeks ago so they probably already have. Why stay in the west end? Anywhere near a subway line is good enough and cheaper
    That's true but my lazy ass can't handle that. PS. I thought graduation was in June/July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellahella)
    That's true but my lazy ass can't handle that. PS. I thought graduation was in June/July
    The actual graduation ceremony is in June for people finishing their course but for people going back next year they finished like 2-3 weeks ago. Depending on how close you get to the a subway station - it'll probably be closer than whatever flat you find in the west end.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi OP,

You might prefer a private rental option, but, we have plenty of rooms still available at our student accommodation site, Bridge House: we have a lot of different age groups here so you wouldn't just be with first years like is common in university owned halls. You can secure your room for just £150 and all your bills are included in your rent. Your room will be secured and you don't need to worry about flat hunting.

Have a look on our website to see whether Bridge House would be a good fit for you: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/loca.../bridge-house/

Thanks,

Lilith

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.