The Student Room Group

Today's AQA Philosophy AS Paper Discussion

Here were the questions (roughly), I may have got the 9-markers in the wrong order:

Epistemology

Define solipsism (2)

Explain why Russell says the existence of the external world is the ‘best hypothesis’ (5)

Briefly outline the tripartite view and give an example of a Gettier-style case to object (9)

Briefly outline Direct Realism and explain the argument from Hallucination. (9)

Are concept empiricists right to say that all concepts are derived from experience? (15)

Philosophy of Religion

Define ‘blik’ (2)

Outline the Kalam cosmological argument (5)

Explain the problem of evil and Hick’s soul-making objection. (9)

Briefly explain omniscience and explain how God’s omniscience is problematic for human freedom (9)

Does the ontological argument prove that God exists? (15)

What did everybody think of the paper? I'm nervous about redundancy because I wrote tonnes on both of the 15-markers, and still had about an hour of time leftover. Also, the Kalam argument is literally three lines long, so I feel like I did something wrong. I'm freaked out because my answers all seemed either two long or too short.
Reply 1
My answer to the Kalam question was the exact same as yours. For the blik question I defined it as 'a meaningful but unfalsifiable belief'. I think grade boundaries are meant to be high this year because apparently this was an easy paper?
Reply 2
what does your textbook define it as? I said something like a blik is a frame of reference by which we experience the world

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending