Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

I want to join the army, desperate for advise! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really would live to join the army Im 16 and a lot of my family also have been in th army (not the only reason I want to join) but Im worried I wont be metally strong enough to cope also all of my other exam results are good apart from maths . any advise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lili.london)
    I really would live to join the army Im 16 and a lot of my family also have been in th army (not the only reason I want to join) but Im worried I wont be metally strong enough to cope also all of my other exam results are good apart from maths . any advise?
    I would focus on the exams first, then during the summer or whatever decide about the army. You are not expected to be strong physically or mentally when you arrive, the army is supposed to make you strong mentally and physically, thats what they kinda do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomSheep)
    I would focus on the exams first, then during the summer or whatever decide about the army. You are not expected to be strong physically or mentally when you arrive, the army is supposed to make you strong mentally and physically, thats what they kinda do
    I have already finished my exams and am 17 so I have got to decide now ?thanks for the rply

Why not join one of the armed forces sixth form colleges and them you can get used to the services mentality?

http://www.dsfc.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why not join one of the armed forces sixth form colleges and them you can get used to the services mentality?

http://www.dsfc.ac.uk/
    Ive never considered this, thnk you

Ive never considered this, thnk you
    There have been a couple of people on TSR who have applied.

If not have you joined the Army cadets?
    https://armycadets.com/

Bound to help your application and it might give you an insight into what it will be like?

Also do DofE or any voluntary work where you have to be part of a team or ope with busy situations

they should toughen you up.

Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.