Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Friendly or Attracted? Watch

If you're walking and catch eyes with a girl, and she smiles back when you smile at her, does it mean she's friendly or she's attracted?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Uhhh this thread again. This is about a specific girl that you like so just ask her out ffs....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you're walking and catch eyes with a girl, and she smiles back when you smile at her, does it mean she's friendly or she's attracted?
    it means you have got coco pops stuck in your teeth

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think it depends on the person. I smile at quite a lot of people as I'm walking past them as a friendly gesture, but if I was attracted to someone I would do the same. I guess you're better off seeing if it continues and if so, maybe ask her out? She could just have been being friendly, but I wouldn't pass up a chance of a possible interest, and the worst case scenario is that she was friendly which isn't too horrifyingly awful

ReputationRep:
    It's just common sense to be polite and smile back?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaradavidson)
    It's just common sense to be polite and smile back?
    On TSR it is interpreted as a sign of interest....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Oh I see! 🤔

(Original post by caitlin.r98)
    I honestly think it depends on the person. I smile at quite a lot of people as I'm walking past them as a friendly gesture, but if I was attracted to someone I would do the same. I guess you're better off seeing if it continues and if so, maybe ask her out? She could just have been being friendly, but I wouldn't pass up a chance of a possible interest, and the worst case scenario is that she was friendly which isn't too horrifyingly awful
    What about if you catch the girl looking at you first and then you lock eyes with her and smile and she smiles back, is she attracted then? I mean if you're staring at a guy because he looks odd, you wouldn't want to smile back as he might take it as a sign of interest

(Original post by UWS)
    Is it in a woman, or in a money, or mankind?

(Original post by study beats)
    it means you have got coco pops stuck in your teeth
    What if I'm smiling with my mouth closed

ReputationRep:
    What about if you catch the girl looking at you first and then you lock eyes with her and smile and she smiles back, is she attracted then? I mean if you're staring at a guy because he looks odd, you wouldn't want to smile back as he might take it as a sign of interest
    Your best bet is to just go up and actually talk to her, what's the worst thing that could happen? Because eye contact from across a room probably won't get you very far, if anywhere at all

(Original post by caitlin.r98)
    Your best bet is to just go up and actually talk to her, what's the worst thing that could happen? Because eye contact from across a room probably won't get you very far, if anywhere at all
    Oh ok no problem (:

What does it mean as a girl, when a girl stares at a specific guy when he's not looking (for example when he's talking to his friend, doing his work) but then looks away when he looks? What is the girl thinking?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok no problem (:

What does it mean as a girl, when a girl stares at a specific guy when he's not looking (for example when he's talking to his friend, doing his work) but then looks away when he looks? What is the girl thinking?
    Lemme get out my crystal ball.

Sorry, my crystal ball isn't working today. You'll have to ask her.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 18, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.