Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I currently did my GCSE equivalent in Nigeria and obtained the usually minimum requirement of 5 A-C grades. I'm recognised as a home student by the government and I'm eligible to student finance since I was born and did my primary school and half my secondary school in England.

I've been back for over 3 years and have been working retail jobs as I thought I wouldn't want to go to uni so I'm quite financially independent. And I'm now starting to think of going to uni. Is there any uni that offers any Integrated foundation degree programme for someone like me as all the universities I contacted said either the only accept uk qualifications or if I use my international qualification I can't have student finance. And I feel like if I were to go to college to get A levels I can't financially sustain myself.

Thanks )
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mctrickz1234)
    I currently did my GCSE equivalent in Nigeria and obtained the usually minimum requirement of 5 A-C grades. I'm recognised as a home student by the government and I'm eligible to student finance since I was born and did my primary school and half my secondary school in England.

I've been back for over 3 years and have been working retail jobs as I thought I wouldn't want to go to uni so I'm quite financially independent. And I'm now starting to think of going to uni. Is there any uni that offers any Integrated foundation degree programme for someone like me as all the universities I contacted said either the only accept uk qualifications or if I use my international qualification I can't have student finance. And I feel like if I were to go to college to get A levels I can't financially sustain myself.

Thanks )
    You could look into taking A Levels through a part time class, either evening classes or distance learning. You would then be able to work at the same time so could still earn money. It would be difficult, but if you really want to go to uni then it would be worth it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There are foundations for UK students as well as international who did the "wrong" subjects, e.g. Southampton's science foundation year (also the engineering foundation at the same although that's much more selective).

For humanities/social sciences, there tend to not be as much in that vein.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.