Young modulus* strain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unnamed User)
    Young modulus* strain
    yh i know but i dont have length or extension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayezkhan)
    yh i know but i dont have length or extension
    You do have the extension - it's 0.095%. Note that it says the wire's length is increased by 0.095% - that's the extension.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that the 0.095% is the strain as it tells you that the wire's length increased by that amount. I think this means that 0.095%= (Extension/Original length)*100. So in order to find the strain, you will have to divide 0.095 by 100, and then multiply this by the young's modulus

ReputationRep:
    ohh that makes sense thanks
    (Original post by -Phoenix-)
    I believe that the 0.095% is the strain as it tells you that the wire's length increased by that amount. I think this means that 0.095%= (Extension/Original length)*100. So in order to find the strain, you will have to divide 0.095 by 100, and then multiply this by the young's modulus

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.