The Student Room Group

Football/soccer at American universities

I am about to study in the USA for a year abs was thinking about trying out for the football/soccer team . It's not a big varsity sports uni but does have a student run football team. Does anyone know about what level they'll be????

because I'm not sure if the Americans are gonna be quality players or average/ below average. I've played football all my life and am decent but pretty average in UK terms as everyone here plays football.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone??
So the real football (soccer) is not played as much over here. It's pretty easy to get involved though. The level depends on the university you go to, you'll get good and bad levels pretty much everywhere, but coming from the UK you'll be better than the average.
Reply 3
Original post by Unrequited
So the real football (soccer) is not played as much over here. It's pretty easy to get involved though. The level depends on the university you go to, you'll get good and bad levels pretty much everywhere, but coming from the UK you'll be better than the average.

Thnks man I'm just curious, its Illinois State University btw and their team is a club soccer one not a varsity , dunno if you know anything else about that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending