Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel IGCSE ICT 17th May/June 2017 Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. How was the ict written and practical paper? For us it was good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aggrawalkriti)
    Hi everyone. How was the ict written and practical paper? For us it was good though
    ICT written was manageable. I guess the only new thing that hasn't come for the past papers, was the computer models.
    Gonna do practical in an hour.

ReputationRep:
    That model question was a bit confusing though.

What was the correct answer for the software they asked?
    Spread Sheet or CAD

ReputationRep:
    guys which image did you all used in the badge question of practical paper. Everyone used
    the logo one i used other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taimoorhussain00)
    guys which image did you all used in the badge question of practical paper. Everyone used
    the logo one i used other
    I used the badge they've provided, but you can use any other vector graphic provided that it's fit for the scenario

ReputationRep:
    But i used the hiking one because it had enough space on the background to write the text on. But on the provided badge which was named logo had extra text on it like the full form of OPR so i did not used it. They just said to use the appropriate picture and be fit for purpose but not amending the image so thats why i did not used it. Further more thwy said that the picture is to be 8 by 8 meaning square not circle.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    and after clearing this tell me that were we required to put hyperlinks to all webpages or just to that landmark one to do the source code activity..

ReputationRep:
    ICT written was actually good for you guys? Dude,i couldn't manage to finish the questions properly. I feel so bummed. The computer model was crappy but what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
    Yeah in practical the source code was the only question I left. Moreover, my stupid printer shut down at the end.
    Overall, paper 1 was bad but paper 2 was meh-okay.
    I'm worried about maths now....2013 and 2012 peers had the best paper ever. But Jan 2017 maths was quite hard I suppose.
    I'm ranting so much man...and Ramadan is coming. Exams and Ramadan...perfect combination ever 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCooker894)

Spread Sheet or CAD
    Spreadsheet. That's what they're saying. What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsfiresMan2001)
    Spreadsheet. That's what they're saying. What did you write?
    Seriously, its spread sheet.
    But didn't they ask for a computer model?

Cause I wrote CAD

ReputationRep:

Spread Sheet or CAD
    I wrote CAD, i don't think its spreadsheet

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, its spread sheet.
    But didn't they ask for a computer model?

Cause I wrote CAD
    Bro dont worry .. I wrote CAM than chanched it to Controll program and some wrote simulation and some cad. Only one from my class read the whole ict book and got that answer right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thachi3)
    I wrote CAD, i don't think its spreadsheet
    Here you go fella. How's physics and maths coming along?
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-05-21-13-33-23-1.png
Views: 223
Size:  319.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Here you go fella. How's physics and maths coming along?
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-05-21-13-33-23-1.png
Views: 223
Size:  319.7 KB
    Thank you, that's one mark down the drain.
    Physics is kept for tomorrow, and maths well i'll think about it later. I have business with physics, so currently learning that.
    How's it going for you

ReputationRep:
    Where can i get the unofficial markscheme for ict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thachi3)
    Thank you, that's one mark down the drain.
    Physics is kept for tomorrow, and maths well i'll think about it later. I have business with physics, so currently learning that.
    How's it going for you
    Meh. I keep procrastinating so much. Maths is a daily dose of past papers and physics maybe later tonight.
    Also,I despise matrix transformations.
    And lines of symmetry.
    All the bestfor your exam😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xxddmm)
    Where can i get the unofficial markscheme for ict?
    We have an unofficialmark scheme?!? How come I didnt know that?

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I keep procrastinating so much. Maths is a daily dose of past papers and physics maybe later tonight.
    Also,I despise matrix transformations.
    And lines of symmetry.
    All the bestfor your exam😊
    Regardless of knowing that procrastination is not good, we still tend to do it,
    Thank you and Good luck to you to.

ReputationRep:
    yes this mathss and physics....both are consecutive....its hard for me to revise... i woke up till 12am last night and same today as well.. this datesheet has given me a headache.... ill be done with book 1 and book 2 and will start doin physics tomorrow and day after tomorrow as on 24th its my exam and after that pps of maths as on 25th its my maths 3h exam...my life is ruined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taimoorhussain00)
    yes this mathss and physics....both are consecutive....its hard for me to revise... i woke up till 12am last night and same today as well.. this datesheet has given me a headache.... ill be done with book 1 and book 2 and will start doin physics tomorrow and day after tomorrow as on 24th its my exam and after that pps of maths as on 25th its my maths 3h exam...my life is ruined
    Calm down mate and relax. Simply because of exams, don't sacrifice your sleep.
    And, for maths go through a few regional papers too and Unit 5 in Book 2, complete summary.
    For physics, heck with the specification and learn the important ones.
    And most importantly, think positively, you'll be able to go through this phase.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.