Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

She's not attracted to me anymore Watch

So I was with this girl for a few months and everything seemed to be going well until she ended it saying that she didn't feel that way anymore. She still needs me though to be her friend because she really missed me when we didn't talk for a couple of weeks after. She's now told me the reason is that she doesn't find me attractive anymore. She still doesn't want to be that way or have sex or anything, but otherwise treats me exactly the same, if not even better and closer than before. Is there a chance she'll change her mind and realise how dependent she is on me?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, And I likely wouldn't want to be with or even close friends with someone who rejected me in that way, Truth or not that sort of thing hurts people and expecting them to instantly bounce back as pals often isn't realistic
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    In the fullness of time you will realise that you do not want a relationship based on dependence, that if she was with you for that reason she couldn't really be happy and neither could you. It sounds like you could be friends, so you have to decide if that is something you want. I think you should surrender the idea of being together and move forward without that expectation. If something happens it happens, but don't make decisions based on that assumption.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.