Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Mayweather Vs. McGregor Watch

ReputationRep:
    As a Mayweather fan or as a McGregor fan do you think if the fight was fought under MMA rules, would McGregor win this easily? or am I just dreaming?

I read Mike Tyson saying something, "If the rules of boxing are followed, Mayweather would easily win.."

ReputationRep:
    Gregor would win in an MMA fight.

Do you remember when Maidana speared Mayweather to the floor? It would be like that, but much worse.

Mayweather would win in a boxing fight. If the rules of boxing are followed, it is no longer MMA.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with half a brain knows this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Captain Obvious strikes again. This is a cash grab nothing more. Question is will Conor ever defend a title? He seems allergic to it.

ReputationRep:
    Mcgregor Could beat mayweather in a boxing match but I think it would be a boring fight. Obviously in MMA mcgregor wouldn't destroy Mayweather, there's too many ways for Mayweather to lose in the cage so he wouldn't never take that fight, he agreed to box Conor as it's an easy payday to just run around.

FYI: not a mcgregor or mayweather fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jingham2406)
    Mcgregor Could beat mayweather in a boxing match but I think it would be a boring fight. Obviously in MMA mcgregor wouldn't destroy Mayweather, there's too many ways for Mayweather to lose in the cage so he wouldn't never take that fight, he agreed to box Conor as it's an easy payday to just run around.

FYI: not a mcgregor or mayweather fan
    Why do you think McGregor, who's not a boxer, can beat Mayweather when the best boxers of his generation all failed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    may is a master of punching. gregor is a master of slugging, and not really even master.

It's like...if I am great at making beef burgers and I go to a bacon sandwich contest. Granted I'm great at burgers...but it's a bacon sandwich contest :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the hype for this. In an MMA match it would be a quick and easy victory for McGregor.

In a boxing match it would be a slow and boring but easy victory for Mayweather.

There is no uncertainty or tension in this match-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    I don't understand the hype for this. In an MMA match it would be a quick and easy victory for McGregor.

In a boxing match it would be a slow and boring but easy victory for Mayweather.

There is no uncertainty or tension in this match-up.
    Why would it be slow? McGregor would never have seen anyone with hand speed like Mayweather and even though McGregor can take shots Mayweather would still win by knockout

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Why would it be slow? McGregor would never have seen anyone with hand speed like Mayweather and even though McGregor can take shots Mayweather would still win by knockout

Posted from TSR Mobile
    because he's one of those people who thinks floyd fights are boring.

and I doubt KO.

TKO 11th round or UD at the end of the 12round.

ReputationRep:
    I predicted it for Pac-Cotto
    I predicted it for Floyd-Cotto
    and for Pac-Floyd.

It's nearly always late TKO or a final UD with Floyd with major fighters.

ReputationRep:
    Mayweather makes world class boxers look like amateurs, this is just a money grabbing circus event.

I think they should have it with 4oz gloves to make things interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    because he's one of those people who thinks floyd fights are boring.

and I doubt KO.

TKO 11th round or UD at the end of the 12round.
    I used to doubt a KO as well but I was listening to Tony Bellew talk about it and he swayed me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to doubt a KO as well but I was listening to Tony Bellew talk about it and he swayed me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol k. well i hope you're not betting on that cos you'd lose. base it on facts not someone else's opinion. history says floyd mostly wins by UD. As in, no one is knocked out for the entire fight. And judges vote. Floyd will win by votes because he is technical and has all he needs, but def not winning by ko. He is not power puncher.

ReputationRep:
    lol k. well i hope you're not betting on that cos you'd lose. base it on facts not someone else's opinion. history says floyd mostly wins by UD. As in, no one is knocked out for the entire fight. And judges vote. Floyd will win by votes because he is technical and has all he needs, but def not winning by ko. He is not power puncher.
    It's funny that you think your opinion holds more weight than a professional boxer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's funny that you think your opinion holds more weight than a professional boxer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol is that all? Is this how you debate boxing? Refer to what other men say? Have you never watched it before? Real boxing fans would laugh you off for sounding like a boxer's fanboy while probably not even having seen any of their fights, and not understanding how punches work.

But ok, again, I hope you don't bet on it. Floyd has practically never KO'd, are you mad? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If Floyd wins by KO, particularly before the 6th round, then...Idk I owe you something. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    lol is that all? Is this how you debate boxing? Refer to what other men say? Have you never watched it before? Real boxing fans would laugh you off for sounding like a boxer's fanboy while probably not even having seen any of their fights, and not understanding how punches work.

But ok, again, I hope you don't bet on it. Floyd has practically never KO'd, are you mad? :lol:
    As with anything I value the opinion of those with expert knowledge. Never knocked anyone out? He's won over half of his fights by knockout...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Conor has terrible cardio, I could see Floyd stopping him in later rounds. Remember he got turned into a panic wrestler by Nate freaking Diaz lol.

ReputationRep:
    As with anything I value the opinion of those with expert knowledge. Never knocked anyone out? He's won over half of his fights by knockout...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao like I said in the post you 1st responded to, major guys in the past 10 years he has only won by UD or late TKO.

Never a KO.

I already know he won by KO against lames when he was an amateur.

I also said Mc is a slugger. Floyd has more skill. So it's not that I dont think he will win.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 4, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.