The Student Room Group

Match the graph

Can someone help me how to figure this out ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495185462.949034.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
B and D are exponential graphs. The equation for D would be something like y = a^x (where a is a positive constant) and the equation for B would be y = a^-x. If you think about it, you should be able to work out why those graphs have this shape. EDIT: I thought you were asking about those two graphs because you had circled them. If you are asking for help with the questions on the sheet then i), as you correctly identified, is E. For ii) we have the equation of a line of gradient and y-intercept at the origin. Which graph does that look like?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MattB00
B and D are exponential graphs. The equation for D would be something like y = a^x (where a is a positive constant) and the equation for B would be y = a^-x. If you think about it, you should be able to work out why those graphs have this shape

They're reciprocal graphs that's why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by z_o_e
They're reciprocal graphs that's why

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, they're not reciprocals. They're exponentials. If they were reciprocals, there would be a vertical asymptote as well as a horizontal one
Reply 4
Original post by z_o_e
Can someone help me how to figure this out ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495185462.949034.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What specifically are you asking us to help you with? All of the graphs or just B and D?
Reply 5
i = E
ii = C

Quick Reply

Latest