Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Maths FP1 UNOFFICIAL Mark Scheme 19th May 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This thread is designed to discuss FP1, help and support each other. It is not designed for insulting, patronising, belittling and attempting some sort of one-upmanship on each other.

I have cleaned this thread up. Please stay on topic and resist the temptation to insult each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMeadows1)
    You needed to realise the area could have been negative by going under the x-axis, hence area is -270 as well as 270
    ye i got 27/2 which is wrong but -27/2 would've worked , thanks

ReputationRep:
    Was overall fairly happy but I made a few dumb mistakes (why tf was there C2 ffs). Reckon I got around 65 which is a bit disappointing but oh well

(Original post by 04MR17)
    x
    thanks for the help yesterday bro, I reckon i got maybe 5 or so marks thanks to you!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember the induction question?

ReputationRep:
    What will the grade boundaries be?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone know if I missed the answer a=-27/2 how many marks will I lose? Many thx

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain why for 6b it wasn't 2.5. My thought process was 4p-10=0 so p=2.5? why is this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fx991esplus)
    What will the grade boundaries be?
    Probably similar to last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Redcoats, I have done questions separately if you want to order the OP.

I should be able to access the paper tomorrow, I've seen all the mark schemes so should be able to guess how the marks are structured once I've had a good luck.
    Ahh please when you have it will you put up a mark scheme with reference to the original questions! I don't see how people can possibly memorise all this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo246)
    Can someone please explain why for 6b it wasn't 2.5. My thought process was 4p-10=0 so p=2.5? why is this wrong?
    What was 6b again?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    matrix question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    anyone else leave the coordinates of D and area of the triangle in terms of a and q, if so how many marks lost?
    Do you remember what you had it in terms of q?

ReputationRep:
    Area= 5a^2(q^2 - 1) / 8q D (-a, aq-a/q)
    (Original post by rossscadding)
    Do you remember what you had it in terms of q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    Area= 5a^2(q^2 - 1) / 8q D (-a, aq-a/q)
    Yeah thats exactly what i put down

ReputationRep:
    what actually was question 7? as far as [people can remember. because i know i didnt do part c but now im stressing that i just didnt do part a or b either

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know that I have merged another thread with an identical title with this one. The other thread had posts from about 2 hours ago, so you might want to re-check previous posts to see if there's any new information which you might find helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Am i the only one who forgot the sum for 2 to the power of r-1 from c2 so manually wrote out all 12 terms :clap2:such mathematical elegance
    haha yeah i did the same thing, examiners gonna be sitting there thinking were idiots

ReputationRep:
    i got a=9/2 but i know i missed one more possible value of a, but i dont know how do you guys get a might also equals to -27/2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpg312)
    haha yeah i did the same thing, examiners gonna be sitting there thinking were idiots
    Nah we`ll get the marks as its not explicit fp1 knowledge, its c2 and we got the final answer so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.