Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Maths FP1 UNOFFICIAL Mark Scheme 19th May 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apachai Hopachai)
    lmaoooo

You taking just A2 modules this year? C3, C4?
    Nah, s3, fp1, c3 and c4
    Done c1,c2,s1,m1,s2
    As you can see they done us dirty with s1 and m1 papers last year

ReputationRep:
    For Q5 i) a) I got it over 11 instead of 13?

It seemed right... How many marks would I lose here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    A* trolling, if you haven`t done c2 why are you doing c4?
    Because I know how to use the following formula  S_n = \frac{a(1-r^n)}{1-r}

ReputationRep:
    Because I know how to use the following formula  S_n = \frac{a(1-r^n)}{1-r}
    Good one, as i had previously stated I know how to use it but i forgot it in the exam but youre clearly bored so im no longer going to humour you.

ReputationRep:
    Good one, as i had previously stated I know how to use it but i forgot it in the exam but youre clearly bored so im no longer going to humour you.
    Yes, I am bored, don't take anything I've said literal.

When I did C1 the other day, if I hadn't checked over my work a few times I would have got a C lol. Today was no different, without the recheck would've probably got a D.

However, the night before C1, I was unable to sleep and the same thing occurred last night to. I need to see a GP, with sleep I rarely make arithmetic mistakes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DystopiaisReal)
    I messed up the second proof by induction so badly.... hoping for incredibly low grade boundaries
    same

ReputationRep:
    Will I get any method marks for question 3 as I thought the equation was y^2=16ax for the part after writing the equation

ReputationRep:
    Also how many marks would I loose for q1 if I got the wrong value for q1a for f(7) but found a change of sign and how many marks would I get for newton raphson if I got the value wrong but assuming I did dy/dx correct.

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master686)
    Also how many marks would I loose for q1 if I got the wrong value for q1a for f(7) but found a change of sign and how many marks would I get for newton raphson if I got the value wrong but assuming I did dy/dx correct.
    You'd probably score 3/75

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what question 2b asked for? I think I misread it in the exam and I've definitely lost the three marks, just want to see it again to see what I did wrong

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the question for question 5?

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who forgot the sum for 2 to the power of r-1 from c2 so manually wrote out all 12 terms :clap2:such mathematical elegance
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who forgot the sum for 2 to the power of r-1 from c2 so manually wrote out all 12 terms :clap2:such mathematical elegance
    Nope, is there even a sum for that? I just did 1 + 2 + 2^2 + 2^3 ... + 2^11 XD

ReputationRep:
    Haha legit what I did. They should give us the mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master686)
    You will probably loose 1 or 2 marks. If your method was correct then you will get most of the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingsAlpaca)
    My Answer for FP1 2017,
    1. ST 6.45
    2. (3/10, 1/10
    -2/5, 1/5)
    (2,1
    1,-4)
    3. y=x/2 xy=16 (4sqrt(2), 2sqrt(2)) and (-4sqrt(2),-2sqrt(2))
    4. (2p+12)/13 + (3p-8)i/13 p=20 lambda=+-4sqrt(5)
    5. (12-5p, 4p-10
    6p-15, 12-5p)
    p=3/2 k=15/2 a=9/2 or -27/2
    6. -3-2i a=2 b=-11
    7. ST (-a, -3a/2) s=15a^2/16
    8. ST k=2/9
    9. ST ST
    Howd ya find coordinates for q7, i had it in terms of q and a which is wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalimH)
    Haha legit what I did. They should give us the mark.
    no they shouldn't, if you don't understand c2 why are you doing fp1

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am bored, don't take anything I've said literal.

When I did C1 the other day, if I hadn't checked over my work a few times I would have got a C lol. Today was no different, without the recheck would've probably got a D.

However, the night before C1, I was unable to sleep and the same thing occurred last night to. I need to see a GP, with sleep I rarely make arithmetic mistakes...
    Hope you're okay! See that was my main problem, I get anxious easily and so I got myself worked up meaning I ran out of time. No checking time for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faznaz55)
    Sorry to say but when x= -1/2a y=0 u can work out what q is which is 1/2
    I think I did the same for this question, but I worked out q earlier and at the end I substituted it in to the area. But I may have subsituted it in wrong and used the negative area as well :/. Think that was one of the hardest FP1 exams yet 😭

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.