The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths FP1 UNOFFICIAL Mark Scheme 19th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Apachai Hopachai
Right, I need to ditch this annoying website, since I have so much work to do. Good luck everyone see you on the 24th. @glad-he-ate-her practice some c2 yes?

😂😂 let him off even I forgot the formula (till i looked at the c2 section)

Ps i did c2 lst year as well
Hey guys, last question( the divisibility question) I did everything right except I assumed true for n=k+1, which was like a typo, i meant to write assume true for n=k ( I did everything else right, proved f(k+1) was a multiple etc), how many marks would I lose. Also i forgot to square the modulus when I expanded lambda and solved for lambda. How many Marks would I have lost for that
Come on now, Gauss https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss derived this sh*t in his lunch-time detention when he was 9 years old...

😂😂 lunch-time detention im dead 😂😂. Dw i did remember it but just wanted to make sure. What units you doing this year??
Original post by b0bzzta
😂😂 lunch-time detention im dead 😂😂. Dw i did remember it but just wanted to make sure. What units you doing this year??

c1,C2,C3,C4,S1,M1,FP2,FP3,S2,M2,D1. A long journey awaits me...
c1,C2,C3,C4,S1,M1,FP2,FP3,S2,M2,D1. A long journey awaits me...

And i thought 7 was a lot 😂😭 are you planning on doing AFM next year?
Original post by b0bzzta
And i thought 7 was a lot 😂😭 are you planning on doing AFM next year?

I'm planning on being in university this time next year g
I'm planning on being in university this time next year g

Lol good luck man. U doing step this year?
Will I get any method marks for question 3 as I thought the equation was y^2=16ax for the part after writing the equation
Original post by b0bzzta
Lol good luck man. U doing step this year?

Yup, It's mad. You hoping to do it?
Original post by Master686
Will I get any method marks for question 3 as I thought the equation was y^2=16ax for the part after writing the equation

what the ...

no

no you won't

well, i hope not

Question 3 was the hyperbola question, u sure u didnt mean question 7?
Come on now, Gauss https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss derived this sh*t in his lunch-time detention when he was 9 years old...

I wasnt really in a deriving mood, @ me all you want just make sure you get 100 in c2
Yup, It's mad. You hoping to do it?

Yh im doing c3, c4, s1, s2, m1, d1, fp1 this year then next year im gonna do fp2, fp3, d2, s3, s4, m2 and step 2 and 3. Step's gonna be a pain tho :/
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
I wasnt really in a deriving mood, @ me all you want just make sure you get 100 in c2

:yep:

Wish me luck bro. Peace.
Original post by glad-he-ate-her

😂 Dw igy, i got 100 ums in c2 as well and I still almost forgot. Tbh i only remembered because i did a question on it yesterday.
:yep:

Wish me luck bro. Peace.

I hope you fail all your modules and your STEP exams
Original post by b0bzzta

This was definitely question 3. I didn't read the question properly. In part c) you had to solve simultaneously but since my equation was wrong will I get method marks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by b0bzzta

This was definitely Q3. In part c) you had to solve simulatenously but since my equation was wrong will I get method marks. For the part with xy=36
This was definitely question 7. I didn't read the question properly. In part c) you had to solve simultaneously but since my equation was wrong will I get method marks

Hmmm I think your on about question 3, i think you could get 1 mark.
Original post by b0bzzta
Yh im doing c3, c4, s1, s2, m1, d1, fp1 this year then next year im gonna do fp2, fp3, d2, s3, s4, m2 and step 2 and 3. Step's gonna be a pain tho :/

Just make sure you understand everything. Also, don't make the mistake I did and think you need a formal understanding for STEP. When I first looked at STEP, I thought I was going to need some in-depth real-analysis understanding to succeed. I then wasted several months trying to learn real-analysis, linear algebra, complex analysis etc...

When getting started, you'll probably be spending 2-3 hours on questions, this is normal and the time will reduce to 30-45 mins if you stick at it. Also, don't look at solutions to soon. STEP is about resiliency tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending