Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Maths FP1 UNOFFICIAL Mark Scheme 19th May 2017

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apachai Hopachai)
    You mean the sum formula?

Did you go through the tedious workings of (1 + 2 + 4 + ...) ?

If you did, you will get the marks
    in the test I did

" K(2^0) + k(2^1) + K(2^2) +k(2^3) ....... k(2^11) '' without showing every single one only showed those is that fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurred)
    Well I just put it into a calculator. Only took about 30 secs. I didn't write that out though. I just wrote the answer of around 4000
    You should get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edmar Hadad)
    in the test I did

" K(2^0) + k(2^1) + K(2^2) +k(2^3) ....... k(2^11) '' without showing every single one only showed those is that fine?
    Sure, but it could have been simplified a great deal, if you had realised it was a geometric series, a = k, r = 2, n = 12.

ReputationRep:
    was there a question on argand diagram?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, but it could have been simplified a great deal, if you had realised it was a geometric series, a = k, r = 2, n = 12.

I did that but for some reason kept kept doing 1 up to 11 not 12 so was getting wrong answer so had to resort to the well and trusted simple arithmetic

ReputationRep:
    Some people take FP1 without having taken C2. So, Edexcel purposefully made n low (12) so that people who don't know the formula can have a good go at it aswell

ReputationRep:
    I have a A*A*A university offer, should I hope that you guys got more than me or something?
    Didn't need to call us noobs though did you? If it makes you feel better, yes I did find it difficult, and I've been crying all day since because I need an A in Further Maths AS. So I didn't really appreciate your remark but there you go, you enjoy your little perfection okay? (Also if your offer is A*A*A, like it really matters if you get 100?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murat10q7)
    was there a question on argand diagram?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccabokka)
    Didn't need to call us noobs though did you? If it makes you feel better, yes I did find it difficult, and I've been crying all day since because I need an A in Further Maths AS. So I didn't really appreciate your remark but there you go, you enjoy your little perfection okay? (Also if your offer is A*A*A, like it really matters if you get 100?)
    I'm sorry to hear this, I do talk recklessly sometimes, I apologise.

You still have two modules left, no need for tears, cheer up and get studying.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge A*A*A 1,1

Warwick A*A*A 1

Imperial blah blah
    So you have offers for more than two universities? What happened for a firm and insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    Even if your proof isn't on the mark scheme,will you get full credit? I multiplied f(k) by 27 instead but still proved it

ReputationRep:
    no
    What course are you planning to study and how come youre doing c1 this year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear this, I do talk recklessly sometimes, I apologise.

You still have two modules left, no need for tears, cheer up and get studying.
    Thank you, the apology means a lot
    Exactly, I'm working so hard to ace the others now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    What course are you planning to study and how come youre doing c1 this year?
    Mathematics. I started Year 12 in September 2015 and decided that I'd take all my qualifications at the end of Year 13. I actually took C1 in Year 11, but got 94. So, retook in Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone know if I missed the answer a=-27/2 how many marks will I lose? Many thx

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics. I started Year 12 in September 2015 and decided that I'd take all my qualifications at the end of Year 13.
    Why, if i may ask?
    What modules do you study

ReputationRep:
    anyone else leave the coordinates of D and area of the triangle in terms of a and q, if so how many marks lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Question 6: Complex Numbers
    a.) -3-2i [1]
    b.) a=2, b=-11 [5]

Question 7: Coordinate systems
    a.) Show that
    b.) D: (-a , -3/2 a)
    c.) (15a2)/16
    How many marks was part 2 and 3 for question 7. I forgot to work out p so found everything out in terms of a and p, how many marks will I loose? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Why, if i may ask?
    What modules do you study
    Maths is about understanding. My math skills matured a lot since Year 12

C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1,FP1,FP2,FP3,S2 ,D1,M2.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain why for 6b it wasn't 2.5. My thought process was 4p-10=0 so p=2.5? why is this wrong?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.