Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Relationship advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Husband and I have been married 7 months, but together 3 years.
    Nice happy marriage, we are soul mates.

I asked to use his laptop this morning and found that it was left open on a tab. It was his Facebook messenger, open on a recent message he sent to a woman friend. He was asking that they need to meet up...I have never met this woman, in fact I don't know anything about her.
    It was him who started the conversation. I wasn't snooping, it was left open, I tried not to read it.
    I am so confused. She is his friend. I think she has children, but isn't in a relationship. She agreed with his suggestion and stated she was free in 2 weeks.
    Doesn't look like im invited.

I don't know what to do.
    Is this harmless?
    Please someone advise me on this please.

'We need to meet up' keeps going through my head

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You should just casually ask him who this women is, explaining that there was an open tab and you glanced at it.

There is probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, so don't jump to any conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSpratt)
    You should just casually ask him who this women is, explaining that there was an open tab and you glanced at it.

There is probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, so don't jump to any conclusions.
    This

Don't make it into something it isn't until you know the facts for sure.
    Make it a chat and not an accusation. He may have told you nearer to the time
    Don't let it fester. You will create problems that may not be necessary.
    And don't have friends that egg you on. Listen to him and you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSpratt)

I plan to ask, but fear he may accuse me of snooping.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but you hear so many stories it's hard not to fear something is going on.
    Sorry my sentences aren't in any logical order and it's hard to read, my head is all over the place and English is not my native

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    This

Don't make it into something it isn't until you know the facts for sure.
    Make it a chat and not an accusation. He may have told you nearer to the time
    Don't let it fester. You will create problems that may not be necessary.
    And don't have friends that egg you on. Listen to him and you
    Thank you
    I'll see if I'm invited, maybe to meet some of his friends or something.
    I know it may be harmless, but with what you hear today it's hard not to have some doubts.
    He is a good husband who has sacrificed a lot for me.
    I'm just scared.
    I won't accuse him of anything unless I have seen something with my own eyes with is undeniable.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ask if he wants to do something the weekend he was planning on meeting her? If he says he has plans (which you know he does) you can enquire as to what he's up to and if you can tag along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry_)
    Thank you
    I'll see if I'm invited, maybe to meet some of his friends or something.
    I know it may be harmless, but with what you hear today it's hard not to have some doubts.
    He is a good husband who has sacrificed a lot for me.
    I'm just scared.
    I won't accuse him of anything unless I have seen something with my own eyes with is undeniable.
    Thank you
    Of course it's worrying. But talk to him as soon as you can
    No one said marriage is easy. I've been married 27 years. We have ups and downs. They key is that we love each other very much and talk when there's an issue
    Hope it goes well

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.