Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Aqa Use of maths Calculus (A2) discussion answers 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I have just done the calculus, exam. I felt the exam was not that bad. What do you guys think?

On the question where it asks you to find the vertical distance from the maximum height to the point p, what were your answers?

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam quite hard!

I didn't know what to do for that question, also, how did you differentiate the function when it had something multiplying the e^-t/5 ?
    what did you get for the other questions?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the full equation but you had to do the product rule.
    Differentiating e^-t/5 should be -1/5e^-t/5
    Was it definitely e^-t/5?(forgot)

For the last question, where you had limits between 4-3.5 or something, I got around 0.675

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i used the product rule as well.
    Also, what did you get for the 1st question? the one where you had to say it was on the 20th day? and the differential equation one?

ReputationRep:
    Was is where you had to find the index value at x=20?
    From question 1, I can only remember where you had to find d^2y/dx^2, when d^2y/dx^2 = 0(got 41 I think), the local maximum(was negative so max), the greatest difference between something over the 90 day period(checked x at 0, 20, 64, 90 to find the max and min over the whole 90 days and subtracted).

ReputationRep:
    Yes that one!

Grade boundaries best be low as majority of people found it extremely hard!

ReputationRep:
    yea.. now that I try and remember the questions, like the one where you had to rearrange the equation to 12cos0-8 for like 1 mark. It should be low, but I don't think it will be lower than last years boundaries, A*- was 33 A-31 etc.

ReputationRep:
    Multiply front by thing multiplying t = 1/5So -1/5e^-t/5But I remember e^-x is -e^-x so I was stupid and got rid of the 1/5 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lajesh)
    Was is where you had to find the index value at x=20?
    From question 1, I can only remember where you had to find d^2y/dx^2, when d^2y/dx^2 = 0(got 41 I think), the local maximum(was negative so max), the greatest difference between something over the 90 day period(checked x at 0, 20, 64, 90 to find the max and min over the whole 90 days and subtracted).
    Yeh it was about 41.6 which is the 42nd day, all questions on stocks were easy... but the questions about the swing (4) 😡 SOLID (besides table and trapezium rule)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lajesh)
    yea.. now that I try and remember the questions, like the one where you had to rearrange the equation to 12cos0-8 for like 1 mark. It should be low, but I don't think it will be lower than last years boundaries, A*- was 33 A-31 etc.
    Lol 1 mark.. so I showed equations with r and v subbed in then Just put the equation they asked us to show 😢

ReputationRep:
    Dy/dx=0.246m I think it started at...

Dy= 0.246m dx
    Dy/m=0.246 dx
    Add integral sign in front of both sides

Dy/m= 1/m= Ln(m)
    So...

Ln(m) = 0.246t + C

M= e^(0.246t + c)
    M= e^0.246t x e^c
    M= Ae^(0.246t)

P.s it might off been y= ...can't quite remember!!

Probably the easiest 4 marks in that paper lol tbf

ReputationRep:
    I found it difficult but ok up until question four, then it was really hard.
    And did anyone else not see the part B and C questions for question four, some of my friends didn't see them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richards010)
    I found it difficult but ok up until question four, then it was really hard.
    And did anyone else not see the part B and C questions for question four, some of my friends didn't see them?
    I saw em but Yh others I know didn't...

4b was easy...subbing in values and trapezium rule.
    4a and 4c was ...well I left them out lol!

Tbf sections 1-3 were easy besides 2b which I had To really think about
    I was lost on 4 once I saw theta (-) kinda shape...didn't know what it was or how to use :/

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.