Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is it routine for most Universities to hand out "Community Service" to rule breakers?

ReputationRep:
    Was reading the conduct policies of Liverpool Hope University online. It said the University may impose a punishment of Community Service on a student if he or she breaks the rules. Is this a normal thing? Will they have students caught smoking weed picking up litter in the surrounding streets for two hours? Do other Universities do something similar and is it a regular thing that happens in most Unis?

ReputationRep:
    My uni did, I had to little pick the campus at 5am.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say it was routine.

You've chosen to go to university so you shouldn't be a **** and break rules in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Wouldn't say it was routine.

You've chosen to go to university so you shouldn't be a **** and break rules in the first place.
    Well i'm sure my son won't be a **** if he decides to accept any of his offers. It just came across as a bit strange, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    My uni did, I had to little pick the campus at 5am.
    Really? Was this a different Uni? And was somebody supervising, making sure you did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Really? Was this a different Uni? And was somebody supervising, making sure you did it?
    Different uni, I was working with the grounds team.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.