Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm an italian product designer who wants to apply in Ravensbourne. I've choosen the rapid prototyping course because I've found it very interesting...does anyone attended it? who can say to me something about the lectures, the professors and especially about the projects they do?? thanks a lot!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciccmter)
    Hi everyone, I'm an italian product designer who wants to apply in Ravensbourne. I've choosen the rapid prototyping course because I've found it very interesting...does anyone attended it? who can say to me something about the lectures, the professors and especially about the projects they do?? thanks a lot!!
    Hi ciccmter,

I am happy to tell you a bit more about the course MSc Applied Technologies: Rapid Prototyping and Digital Technologies.

The key study topics on this course include new form and aesthetics, social impacts of increasingly decentralised & automated manufacturing, material innovation and sustainability, intellectual property and authorship and future technological scenarios.

The course is aimed at all those with an interest in rapid prototyping and digital technologies, including product designers, engineers, model makers, artists and architects.

To learn more about the course modules and teaching staff, visit the course website.

I hope that this helps.

With best wishes,

Monica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hi ciccmter,

I am happy to tell you a bit more about the course MSc Applied Technologies: Rapid Prototyping and Digital Technologies.

The key study topics on this course include new form and aesthetics, social impacts of increasingly decentralised & automated manufacturing, material innovation and sustainability, intellectual property and authorship and future technological scenarios.

The course is aimed at all those with an interest in rapid prototyping and digital technologies, including product designers, engineers, model makers, artists and architects.

To learn more about the course modules and teaching staff, visit the course website.

I hope that this helps.

With best wishes,

Monica
    Hi Monica, thanks very much for all the info, and what about the lectures? what's the frequency of them? I've also heared around about a not first-class quality occurred in other courses..why? did you heared the same?
    From how many years is this course been avaible?
    thanks, kind regards
    Andrea
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciccmter)
    Hi Monica, thanks very much for all the info, and what about the lectures? what's the frequency of them? I've also heared around about a not first-class quality occurred in other courses..why? did you heared the same?
    From how many years is this course been avaible?
    thanks, kind regards
    Andrea
    Hi Andrea,

I apologise for the delay replying to you!

Lectures for this course currently are held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and the course has been running for 5 years.

It is worth to point out that Ravensbourne has a strong track record in getting good jobs for graduates, because they become equipped with the practical skills they need to excel in the workplace. The current graduate employability rate is an impressive 95.3% (HESA, based on 2014/15 graduates).

I hope that this helps!

Monica

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.