The Student Room Group

Liverpool John Moores

Hi, I'm in year 12 and I want to go into Law enforcement and cyber crime after uni, I'm studying Comp Sci, Maths, English Lit&Lang, and Creative Writing at A Level, and other than Maths, in predicted pretty good grades (A*/A). I'd already made my top 5 choice, but I've found Liverpool John Moores, and they offer Comp Sci, but also Policing with cybercrime? Does anyone know anything about the uni, or the course? It only requires 2 A Levels as a minimum at a BBC average? Thank you! :smile:
Hello,

I've no experience with LJMU, but I would carefully consider the courses. Do you want to work on the technical end of cybercrime doing the digital forensics? Or work as a police officer with understanding of cyber crime?

One thing I will say is that from my experience in working and being taught by people in computer forensics is that it can be incredibly harrowing work. They almost always have access to professional counselling due to the nature of their work. It also has a pretty high turn over rate (anecdotal observation tbf).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending