Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I think my stepdad is cheating on my mum? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Should I tell her? He always comes home late every night and says that he's going out with work friends, but he doesn't really have friends at work and this has been happening a lot recently... also I took his phone just so I could text my mum as my phone was broken, and when I asked him if I could he snatched the phone out of my hands and told me to never touch it again. He never lets ANYONE touch his phone anymore.... I don't know what to do... I don't really like him that much anyway and I'm afraid if I tell my mum she won't believe me. Also, they've been together for so long and he makes my mum so happy, I don't want her to be sad or depressed. Please help

ReputationRep:
    That really isn't enough evidence and I don't think you should tell your Mother or your Step Dad. That's a bit embarrassing because this ain't good enough info.

Plus, I don't like people going on my phone either even though I have absolutely nothing to hide! and also, I don't have many friends but I could come home late because I'm singing in the rain or I'm in Greggs eating caramel chocolate shortbread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dudeuclifford1)
    Should I tell her? He always comes home late every night and says that he's going out with work friends, but he doesn't really have friends at work and this has been happening a lot recently... also I took his phone just so I could text my mum as my phone was broken, and when I asked him if I could he snatched the phone out of my hands and told me to never touch it again. He never lets ANYONE touch his phone anymore.... I don't know what to do... I don't really like him that much anyway and I'm afraid if I tell my mum she won't believe me. Also, they've been together for so long and he makes my mum so happy, I don't want her to be sad or depressed. Please help
    You need solid evidence to prove your step dad is cheating, if there is none don't make your mum sceptical unless you can prove it. I don't condone this but it sounds like you need access to his phone...is there a way?

Mind your own business and let them sort it out.
    You dont have any actual evidence.
    The phone is a natural reaction for someone who likes their privacy.
    If you get real evidence then you can tell your mum, but dont expect her to thank you, it doesnt always work that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowdive)
    You need solid evidence to prove your step dad is cheating, if there is none don't make your mum sceptical unless you can prove it. I don't condone this but it sounds like you need access to his phone...is there a way?
    I know his password as I saw him put it in once, but what am I supposed to do won't my mum think I'm such a trater if I show her evidence, isn't it better if I tell her first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Mind your own business and let them sort it out.
    You dont have any actual evidence.
    The phone is a natural reaction for someone who likes their privacy.
    If you get real evidence then you can tell your mum, but dont expect her to thank you, it doesnt always work that way.
    Well he always comes home smelling of perfume and once I saw him have lipstick on his neck but he quickly smudged it off when he came through the door, and my mum is too naive and too inlove to see this! Are you just telling me to stay quiet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    That really isn't enough evidence and I don't think you should tell your Mother or your Step Dad. That's a bit embarrassing because this ain't good enough info.

Plus, I don't like people going on my phone either even though I have absolutely nothing to hide! and also, I don't have many friends but I could come home late because I'm singing in the rain or I'm in Greggs eating caramel chocolate shortbread.
    Yes I understand but even when he's next to me or my mum he turns his phone away when he's texting so we don't see the screen, and ok but he's nearly 50 I don't think he's doing any of those things !!

ReputationRep:
    Is he cuuming in another pussy? I suggest you go through his phone and download any photos or conversations you can find.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I understand but even when he's next to me or my mum he turns his phone away when he's texting so we don't see the screen, and ok but he's nearly 50 I don't think he's doing any of those things !!
    Hmm, I guess that's a little suspicious. You should try to get better evidence though.

Lol, I know.

ReputationRep:
    I know his password as I saw him put it in once, but what am I supposed to do won't my mum think I'm such a trater if I show her evidence, isn't it better if I tell her first?
    I think she'd be more concerned with the fact he's cheating, but she'll probably be pissed with the both of you. You probably won't be considered a hero for finding out the worst possible scenario in a relationship though so bear that in mind. Is your mum blind to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_10)
    Is he cuuming in another pussy? I suggest you go through his phone and download any photos or conversations you can find.
    Shouldn't I just tell my mum?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't I just tell my mum?
    Get evidence and then tell her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowdive)
    I think she'd be more concerned with the fact he's cheating, but she'll probably be pissed with the both of you. You probably won't be considered a hero for finding out the worst possible scenario in a relationship though so bear that in mind. Is your mum blind to it?
    Yes she's completely naive to the whole situation, she's so Inlove she doesn't see it. Why should she be pissed at me, I haven't done anything ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_10)
    Get evidence and then tell her?
    Don't u think she'll be super pissed tht I went through his phone and didn't tell her in the first place

Well he always comes home smelling of perfume and once I saw him have lipstick on his neck but he quickly smudged it off when he came through the door, and my mum is too naive and too inlove to see this! Are you just telling me to stay quiet ?
    Do what you like , but think about how it will play out.

If you accuse without evidence it will not go down well. You dont seem to have much at the moment.. Best make sure.

If you do decide to acuse and you are incorrect it isnt great news for you.
    If you accuse and are correct then it will mean great turmoil for the family.

ReputationRep:
    you need to get some hard evidence first. What you have isn't enough....

If you accuse him [and he is cheating] he'll be able to easily lie his way out of it due to lack of anything concrete. Then he will be even more careful about not being caught as he'll know you're onto him. Your best bet is to try and get hold of his phone and then either take it to your mum or take screenshots of the incriminating messages ..and then show them to your mum

ReputationRep:
    Tell her obviously your step dads not good enough for her

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.