The Student Room Group

Combined Pill or pregnancy?

Hello,
I have been noticing changes in my body: my breast is swollen and also the lower part of my belly, I have nausea and I always feel warmer than the usual. My last period was from the 1st of May to the 4th and I had protected sex. I have been taking the pill (levest 150 30 coated tablets) for 3 days now. I also did a pregnancy test this morning as I was panicking and it was negative. Did anybody have the same ''effects''?
Original post by lagiulie
Hello,
I have been noticing changes in my body: my breast is swollen and also the lower part of my belly, I have nausea and I always feel warmer than the usual. My last period was from the 1st of May to the 4th and I had protected sex. I have been taking the pill (levest 150 30 coated tablets) for 3 days now. I also did a pregnancy test this morning as I was panicking and it was negative. Did anybody have the same ''effects''?

yeh all the time found out my younger brother tampered and used a pin

I turned out pregnant with triplets
Reply 2
Lucky you man
Reply 3
If it's your first time taking the pill, the symptoms you have could easily be covered by your body simply getting adjusted to the pill.

Personally, for the first month I was often nauseous and felt bloated. I know people also often have heat flashes and the breasts can be a bit more tender. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if the only sex you had was protected one
You definitely can get these symptoms when taking the pill. The pill provides hormones which effectively make your body think you're pregnant and, therefore, your body can adjust. I went on the pill (Rigevidon) about 2 months ago and had these type of symptoms, I also came down slightly ill a few days in and was considering stopping it due to flu and headaches that were likely caused by the change in my hormones but everything seems to have balanced out now.

I'm not a medical expert and I'm not saying that you are not pregnant but the fact that you still would have had time before your next period and that your sex was protected make your chances extremely slim, also the fact that the pregnancy test was negative. If you're worried you can always take a pregnancy test again in a couple of days time but in between the time that you had your last period there would be a very small chance that you'd be feeling the effects of pregnancy at this stage if you were pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest