The Student Room Group

Maths combination alevel

Hi , was wondering say if u did As and A2 maths with modules c1-4 and along with it S1 and S2.

If u chose further maths only AS with units FP2 D1 and D2 would this work out?Not choosing fp1.Or say u did take it but did bad and u also did 1 extra module and got higher marks in that than fp1 would it override it?
you'd have to check according to your board but i'm on AQA and i'm pretty sure you could do that for further maths. although your D1&2 and S1&2 modules might be swapped around according to which one you do better in.
if you did the extra module then they would just put the best modules into your qualification, as long as you had at least one FP module going towarss further maths
Reply 2
Original post by ithinkitslily
you'd have to check according to your board but i'm on AQA and i'm pretty sure you could do that for further maths. although your D1&2 and S1&2 modules might be swapped around according to which one you do better in.
if you did the extra module then they would just put the best modules into your qualification, as long as you had at least one FP module going towarss further maths

Thanks for this , really helped me.Busy with exams ATM so don't want to contact the board yet.cuz it said fp1 is AS and fp2 and 3 is A2.But like u said it shouldn't matter as long as u have a fp module their.
Original post by CrazyFoxes
Thanks for this , really helped me.Busy with exams ATM so don't want to contact the board yet.cuz it said fp1 is AS and fp2 and 3 is A2.But like u said it shouldn't matter as long as u have a fp module their.

it's fine if fp2/3 is A2, it can still go towards the AS. good luck with your exams!
Reply 4
Original post by ithinkitslily
it's fine if fp2/3 is A2, it can still go towards the AS. good luck with your exams!

Thanks u 2 mate.Just another thing , if I had a lower mark in fp1 and a higher mark in fp2/D1 and d2.Will the fp2 replace the fp1 and the final mark will be fp2 D1 and D2?Just to clarify it again!
Thanks u 2 mate.Just another thing , if I had a lower mark in fp1 and a higher mark in fp2/D1 and d2.Will the fp2 replace the fp1 and the final mark will be fp2 D1 and D2?Just to clarify it again!

yes that's right - they always try to organise the modules to maximise your grade so if you did better in fp2 than fp1 then it would replace that. the same thing goes if you did the worst in D2 - you would then have FP1,FP2 and D1 go towards your final grade
Hi , was wondering say if u did As and A2 maths with modules c1-4 and along with it S1 and S2.

If u chose further maths only AS with units FP2 D1 and D2 would this work out?Not choosing fp1.Or say u did take it but did bad and u also did 1 extra module and got higher marks in that than fp1 would it override it?

Which Awarding Body? Some have FP1 as a compulsory module.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Which Awarding Body? Some have FP1 as a compulsory module.

Hi I am doing OCR board.
Hi I am doing OCR board.

FP1 is compulsory then.

See bottom of page numbered 21 in the specification: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/67746-specification.pdf
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
FP1 is compulsory then.

See bottom of page numbered 21 in the specification: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/67746-specification.pdf

I understand however on that same page for AS level maths it says u need c1 and 2 with either M1 s1 or D1 however say if u did D2 or M3 that would still count.

Same goes for f.maths u could do fp1 2 and 3 for AS level if I wanted to.

For A level further maths it says either fp2 or fp3 so u could choose between them for A2 so why not AS.:tongue:
I understand however on that same page for AS level maths it says u need c1 and 2 with either M1 s1 or D1 however say if u did D2 or M3 that would still count.

Same goes for f.maths u could do fp1 2 and 3 for AS level if I wanted to.

For A level further maths it says either fp2 or fp3 so u could choose between them for A2 so why not AS.:tongue:

I've just given you the information you requested. Ignore it at your peril.

Quick Reply

Latest