Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do i get scared when i am home alone when my parents leave (Teen) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand once my parents leave the house i feel normal but after i hear a sound an hour later or something like movements i get scared and lock my room door. For now i am not sure if there is someone in the house but I'm extremely scared and don't know how to stop this fear

ReputationRep:
    Grow some balls.

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly the same while I was at home, but as soon as I moved out being alone didn't bother me anymore. I think it must have been some weird connection with the house and being scared of the dark when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like this not too long ago and then I decided that enough was enough. So, I switched the light off and got under my duvet and started watching horror movies. I watched about 3 that day, very long ones and I made myself so scared that I felt brave. And I realised there are no such thing as monsters and that is probably your reflection. I told myself, a woman, to MAN THE HELL UP. I soon did and I haven't regretted it ever since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJHEY12)
    I dont understand once my parents leave the house i feel normal but after i hear a sound an hour later or something like movements i get scared and lock my room door. For now i am not sure if there is someone in the house but I'm extremely scared and don't know how to stop this fear
    maybe psychic ability to sense spirits and energy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky Mauve)
    I was exactly the same while I was at home, but as soon as I moved out being alone didn't bother me anymore. I think it must have been some weird connection with the house and being scared of the dark when I was younger.
    yeah i get that, i just think its exam stress and overall anxiety at the moment because it hasnt happened before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I used to be like this not too long ago and then I decided that enough was enough. So, I switched the light off and got under my duvet and started watching horror movies. I watched about 3 that day, very long ones and I made myself so scared that I felt brave. And I realised there are no such thing as monsters and that is probably your reflection. I told myself, a woman, to MAN THE HELL UP. I soon did and I haven't regretted it ever since.
    haha wow i watch scary movies i don't mind them i just think its exam stress and overall anxiety at the moment because it hasnt happened before

ReputationRep:
    I get this a lot, and I'm home alone most the time. I guess it's because my house has been burgled twice and once I found a random guy in my garden. Also there's been a few times I've seen vans outside my house trying to record the times me and my family come home and leave, etc. (I called the police once because they were on my property and it turns out they were).

Although to be honest, my biggest fear about being home alone is spiders, when I see them there's nothing I can do, I don't have the courage to even use a hoover since I'm scared it'll go wrong. They always seem to appear when I'm home alone as well like once on the stairs there was a MASSIVE spider, it's body was like the size of a golf ball, overall it was the size of my hand. I called my neighbour who took it away in a jar (HOW TF!!???)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimJam10)
    maybe psychic ability to sense spirits and energy...
    hmm never really thought of that, but don't think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I get this a lot, and I'm home alone most the time. I guess it's because my house has been burgled twice and once I found a random guy in my garden. Also there's been a few times I've seen vans outside my house trying to record the times me and my family come home and leave, etc. (I called the police once because they were on my property and it turns out they were).

Although to be honest, my biggest fear about being home alone is spiders, when I see them there's nothing I can do, I don't have the courage to even use a hoover since I'm scared it'll go wrong. They always seem to appear when I'm home alone as well like once on the stairs there was a MASSIVE spider, it's body was like the size of a golf ball, overall it was the size of my hand. I called my neighbour who took it away in a jar (HOW TF!!???)
    OH WOW THAT IS WORSE THAN ME! why don't you move to another house, it doesn't seem safe in that area :/ but i totally get your point I'm scared of spiders too they are so vicious! I think its because i have been through things that may accustom that fear which for instance with you is burglary.. But wow i never ever expected that! That's so creepy literally like horror movies

ReputationRep:
    OH WOW THAT IS WORSE THAN ME! why don't you move to another house, it doesn't seem safe in that area :/ but i totally get your point I'm scared of spiders too they are so vicious! I think its because i have been through things that may accustom that fear which for instance with you is burglary.. But wow i never ever expected that! That's so creepy literally like horror movies
    Well we've got an Alarm and CCTV system now, also it only happened when these gypsies used to stayed on a patch of land nearby, now they're gone we actually have the lowest crime rate in the area but it just sticks with you.. also watching conspiracy theories and unsolved mysteries late at night isn't the best idea when you're home alone.

The only spiders I can hoover are small ones and the skinny bathroom type. I think I have a fear because once when I was in nursery I went in the toilet and it was COVERED in spiders like they were EVERYWHERE. I'm also sure Deadly 60 played a part lol, but 90% of the time it's actually fun being home alone & I find it much easier to work. My biggest fear is probably someone coming home early while I have no clothes on or something :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well we've got an Alarm and CCTV system now, also it only happened when these gypsies used to stayed on a patch of land nearby, now they're gone we actually have the lowest crime rate in the area but it just sticks with you.. also watching conspiracy theories and unsolved mysteries late at night isn't the best idea when you're home alone.

The only spiders I can hoover are small ones and the skinny bathroom type. I think I have a fear because once when I was in nursery I went in the toilet and it was COVERED in spiders like they were EVERYWHERE. I'm also sure Deadly 60 played a part lol, but 90% of the time it's actually fun being home alone & I find it much easier to work. My biggest fear is probably someone coming home early while I have no clothes on or something :laugh::laugh:
    XD hahah woah! thats good! haha dead at the last part XD I love watched conspiracy theories and unsolved stuff on buzzed unsolved XD Ryan and Shane are hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    You will get used to it.

lmao..true
      when am home alone i can put my music so loud and dance
      and my fear is some-one entering in the house..i'll just jump out the window

ReputationRep:
      XD hahah woah! thats good! haha dead at the last part XD I love watched conspiracy theories and unsolved stuff on buzzed unsolved XD Ryan and Shane are hilarious!!
      After watching really scary stuff I usually watch Buzzfeed ones so I can laugh the other stuff off lol

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.