Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey.
    on thurs i got bcc, but needed bbb to do accounting and finance at exeter, which was my firm. My insurance was cardiff to do the same, but they wanted bbb as well. i put them as insurance, cos from my other offers, the only one lower (bcc) was west of england, and didnt want to go there. I still really want to go to exeter, so do u reckon there will be any way for me to persuade them to let me in. I've done stuff for clearing, and hav offers from durham, imperial, and westminster, but hanging on to the idea of exeter.
    any advice on persuasion, and if i still cant get in, wot do u reckon out of those 3 unis?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    have you spoken to exeter yet??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i rung them a coupla times. first few they said no, now they say write to them telling them why they should let me in.

ReputationRep:
    tell them that they should let you in because you'd be probably the best student in the world.....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ham)
    yeh, i rung them a coupla times. first few they said no, now they say write to them telling them why they should let me in.
    Don't give up. If you show that you really want a place then they are more likely to give you one. Keep phoning, posting, whatever. Don't let the monkeys who manage applications at the university win.

ReputationRep:
    will fone again tomoz, but its hard tryin to explain why they should let me in

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.