Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Macbeth and J&H, english lit paper 1 (aqa) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me what i should revise on Macbeth and Jekyll&Hyde between now and Monday? I havent really revised much for these two, especially Macbeth. I've looked at sample questions and they seem pretty tricky?! What would you recommend I revise? Just quotes with characters and themes?

ReputationRep:
    Basically mate you need to revise context(what shakespeares all about and why he wrote it) and quotes and language techniques. the question will probs be on a theme or character so look over ALL the themes and Macbeth and Lady Macbeth and you got this.Hang in there<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aman.dcosta)
    Could someone please tell me what i should revise on Macbeth and Jekyll&Hyde between now and Monday? I havent really revised much for these two, especially Macbeth. I've looked at sample questions and they seem pretty tricky?! What would you recommend I revise? Just quotes with characters and themes?
    I do Macbeth and Jane Eyre
    Make sure you're used to the structure of the essays (take a point from the extract, compare it to other parts of the play/novel) and practise picking points from the extracts you're given as this is a skill not tested in Paper 2
    If you don't have time to do practise questions/papers, take a question and just bullet point what key points you'd make and what sub points you'd write about. Hopefully your teacher can give you some pointers or advice before Monday

Good luck!~

ReputationRep:
    For Jekyll and Hyde I would revise the key themes like good and evil and the key characters such as Dr Jekyll and Utterson make sure that you can also link the the context as you will get marks for this. You will need to have a rough understanding as you will get an extract and then have to link the question to the whole novel.
    Good luck xx

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.