Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should people that are against halal meat be charged for racism? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Since they're only against it because it relates to muslims.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No, Its like charging someone with Hate crime because they are against vegetarianism
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Islam isn't a race though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's not that deep. More for us anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Should people that are for against halal meat be charged for racism?

we can all ask stupid questions here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huytrew)
    Correction: it relates to Jews and Muslims

ReputationRep:
    No considering there are plenty of reasons to be against halal meat that aren't racist like the fact the animals aren't stunned or that you have to be muslim to slaughter the animal which excludes others from the meat industry.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's like charging people who are against bacon for religious reasons.

Let people eat and avoid what they want.

Just because halal meat is associated with Muslims, doesn't mean people don't like it because of Muslims. They may not like it.

ReputationRep:
    Should people that make silly threads be perma banned?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    No I am against halal meat because of the suffering of the animal. It has to have its neck slit and all the blood drained from its body WHILE IT'S STILL ALIVE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that's like charging people with lèse-majesté because they do not like the pop group Queen.

ReputationRep:
    This is getting boring now. Islam is NOT a race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    No I am against halal meat because of the suffering of the animal. It has to have its neck slit and all the blood drained from its body WHILE IT'S STILL ALIVE
    Why does it matter if the animal dies no matter what? Surely that's inconsequential? Don't mean to sound rude sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    How about Muslims travel to the 21st century and just eat normal meat like everyone else? It's not like they are going to die if they eat something non-halal or even shock horror,bacon. Honestly we should call these beliefs out for how ridiculous they are.No pigs are not unclean,no muhhammed did not fly to heaven on a winged horse and no you are not going to live forever in a magical unicorn land when you die..
    Why does eating halal meat hurt you sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Should people that make silly threads be perma banned?
    They're most likely a dupe so should be soon.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    How about Muslims travel to the 21st century and just eat normal meat like everyone else? It's not like they are going to die if they eat something non-halal or even shock horror,bacon. Honestly we should call these beliefs out for how ridiculous they are.No pigs are not unclean,no muhhammed did not fly to heaven on a winged horse and no you are not going to live forever in a magical unicorn land when you die..

That's just dismissing their beliefs. Just because you see their views as ridiculous, they don't. That's what they believe.

What we should aim for is a world where people can believe in what they want and not be harassed for what their belief is. I believe in what I believe in, so do you, so do Muslims, Jews, Sikhs etc.

People are allowed to be against halal meet like Muslims are against bacon. If they don't want to eat bacon, that's their choice, more for me. If you don't want to eat Halal meat just don't eat it. That's not racist because as well as having nothing to do with race, it's a choice you make.

You are allowed to believe whatever you want, just don't force your belief on others.

ReputationRep:
    Most ridiculous thread I have ever read on this forum. Prosecuting people because they don't like Halal meat? wtf

ReputationRep:
    You can't be that stupid. Stop trolling.
    • Very Important Poster

No.

You can object on grounds that have nothing to do with Mulsims, so your statement is false.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    That's just dismissing their beliefs. Just because you see their views as ridiculous, they don't. That's what they believe.

What we should aim for is a world where people can believe in what they want and not be harassed for what their belief is. I believe in what I believe in, so do you, so do Muslims, Jews, Sikhs etc.

People are allowed to be against halal meet like Muslims are against bacon. If they don't want to eat bacon, that's their choice, more for me. If you don't want to eat Halal meat just don't eat it. That's not racist because as well as having nothing to do with race, it's a choice you make.

You are allowed to believe whatever you want, just don't force your belief on others.
    There is a difference between believing and making animals unnecessarily suffer because of your beliefs. The latter should be challenged.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.