Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Multiple offer holders GEM 2017

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am sure that by now many of us medicine applicants would have received some decision from our medicine school applications..
    I was just wondering for those of you lucky enough to have received more than one offer to study medicine this year, what might be the factors delaying you from firming your first choice, if not done so already?

I understand that the official deadline is the 8th of June, but surely whilst choosing which university to apply and going through interviews we all had to do our research and justify to ourselves and the interview panel why we chose the unversities we did.

I do not mean to pressure anyone but if you are holding on to 2,3 or 4 offers you are effectivelly preventing 1,2 or 3 equally amazing possible future medical student from receiving an offer and planning their future.

The reason I started this thread was to understand why some of us are taking their time to decide. I know that life sometimes is not as straightforward as we'd like and we all have our doubts especially for a decision which is so important as this, but a place at medical school is a place at medical school.

Anyway, please do not take this the wrong way and congrats for all who have received offers so far and for those placed on the waitlist. This is such a stressful time for all of us and we should definetly make this as easy as we can for each other!

ReputationRep:
    4th of May was the last day for offer holders to firm their decision. If you're waitlisted you're waiting on other people to miss their conditional offers, insurance choices or drop out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somniferum)
    4th of May was the last day for offer holders to firm their decision. If you're waitlisted you're waiting on other people to miss their conditional offers, insurance choices or drop out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4th May was deadline for universities to give out offers. 8th June is deadline for applicants to firm/decline those offers.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.