Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Studying A Levels independently and sitting exam privately Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm in my 2nd year at college and should be sitting my exams in the upcoming weeks, however my college decided to withdraw me from all exams now due to poor attendance (personal reasons) . I'm still sitting my AS maths (aqa) re sit as an external candidate as I paid for it. So I will leave now with just An AS in maths. There's no optiOn for me to re sit this year in September and other local colleges and sixth forms Iv looked into do different exam boards to what Iv studied and I don't want to do another 2 years when Iv already learnt the course. Iv decided I'm going to self study in September for my A level biology (aqa), a level chemistry (ocr) and A2 maths (aqa), but I was wondering what I have to do about the practical side of the science exams, is there any way to sit them without any practical parts and if not how do I go about doing them privately? I'm from Liverpool also
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by LS321)
    hi I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm in my 2nd year at college and should be sitting my exams in the upcoming weeks, however my college decided to withdraw me from all exams now due to poor attendance (personal reasons) . I'm still sitting my AS maths (aqa) re sit as an external candidate as I paid for it. So I will leave now with just An AS in maths. There's no optiOn for me to re sit this year in September and other local colleges and sixth forms Iv looked into do different exam boards to what Iv studied and I don't want to do another 2 years when Iv already learnt the course. Iv decided I'm going to self study in September for my A level biology (aqa), a level chemistry (ocr) and A2 maths (aqa), but I was wondering what I have to do about the practical side of the science exams, is there any way to sit them without any practical parts and if not how do I go about doing them privately? I'm from Liverpool also
    Talk to the exam boards..
    Normally you find a private test centre (use the one you already are if any good).
    I dont know how they deal with lab times but it must be possible and will just mean more money. The exam boards will let you know where it might be possible. It will be at a very limted number of places so you might have to travel.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.