The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Sign Of Four English Lit?

I know not many ppl do it, but I was wondering what people thought could come up/ possible extracts they could ask.
Reply 1
I think maybe the first chapter - analysis of Watson's watch ?
Reply 2
Original post by nikola11
I think maybe the first chapter - analysis of Watson's watch ?

yeah. the fact the specimen paper was a mystery question, does open it up to easily be a question about the first chapter (not much interesting things to analyse happen other than chapter 1, 3, 5 and 6)
Reply 3
Original post by b7621b
yeah. the fact the specimen paper was a mystery question, does open it up to easily be a question about the first chapter (not much interesting things to analyse happen other than chapter 1, 3, 5 and 6)

We've been doing chapter 1,7 and 12 in revision sessions. It be on how Conan Doyle presents the relationship between Watson and Mary in Chapter 7.Or how the theme of crime is carried out and then justice is achieved in chapter 12 through Jonathan smalls narrative .
There is so much that could come up but our teachers are saying it shouldn't be something obscure because we're the first year to do it.
Reply 4
Original post by nikola11
We've been doing chapter 1,7 and 12 in revision sessions. It be on how Conan Doyle presents the relationship between Watson and Mary in Chapter 7.Or how the theme of crime is carried out and then justice is achieved in chapter 12 through Jonathan smalls narrative .
There is so much that could come up but our teachers are saying it shouldn't be something obscure because we're the first year to do it.

what exam board are you
I have this little book for The Sign of the 4 called the quotation bank and it has some potential questions on the back of the book:
How are wealth and its consequences depicted in the Sign of four?
How are the ideas of law and justice explored in the novel?
How is Sherlock Holmes depicted throughout the novel?
How is fear conveyed in the Sign of Four?
How is the concept of prejudice conveyed in the novel?
:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by b7621b
what exam board are you

AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending