Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Mediocre_One
You know exactly what I mean! :colone:

Or do you need to be schooled ?

Spoiler

Lol you are so weirdly funny
Original post by emerald7770
Lol, why is that a good thing?

Thanks a lot but ive decided to just go to a public school. I have to face my fears! and man up!

It's not intrinsically, I just find it funny haha

Good for you tho, hope it goes well!
Original post by SunlethSky
It's not intrinsically, I just find it funny haha

Good for you tho, hope it goes well!

lolz, i also found it unsoprosatically insoble.

Thanks! hope everything goes well for u sir madam :biggrin:
I'm homeschooled for A2 and unless you really hate coming into contact with people then I strongly advise against it.
I find it hopelessly lonely and boring and I'm an introvert. And it's not just the social aspect tbh.
It's much better to be in an environment where you've got classmates and you can compare notes and help each other out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by StrawbAri
I'm homeschooled for A2 and unless youbreally hate coming into contact with people then I strongly advise against it.
I find it hopelessly lonely and boring and I'm an introvert. And it's not just the social aspect tbh.
It's much better to be in an environment where you've got classmates and you can compare notes and help each other out.

oh sheeet! thanks sis x
Omg how expensive!!

I'm at the end of my third year now but i remember when my sister did her A-levels (she was homeschooled for the first year) It was around £50 per exam so say you're doing three subjects each with 3 papers. Nine exams = £450 x
I've realised I don't like humans and I want to study at home. I hate going outside because I feel as though everyone is looking at me and I like being inside x

I'm considering becoming home schooled for a levels but I want to know if that maybe would affect my chances of getting into uni? Maybe they prefer if you actually went to a school!!

Hi,
although the NEC is run by humans, we might still be able to get along.
We can help with online A level courses, including coursework for English and History, and practical work for sciences.
Please contact us at our website nec.ac.uk to find out how.
Daniel
I've realised I don't like humans and I want to study at home. I hate going outside because I feel as though everyone is looking at me and I like being inside x

I'm considering becoming home schooled for a levels but I want to know if that maybe would affect my chances of getting into uni? Maybe they prefer if you actually went to a school!!

Hey, I've done home-schooled A Levels this year :smile: - I'm doing them after having done sixth form in school as well. - I'm actually resitting a couple of subjects and taking up 2 new ones (resits: bio & chem, new: economics & business studies).

It depends on which subjects you want to study. For lab-based sciences I strongly advise against it, for other subjects like social sciences however, feel free.

I'd actually recommend doing A Levels at school for the first year and then switching to home-school for 2nd year. I say this because the leap from GCSE to AS is huge (and then again from AS to A2 but at least you're kind of prepared for that) so you need it to be able to gauge how much work it is and to the standard you need to work at.
If you do first year in school, it's much easier to apply to uni through school than as an independent student. You'd get better references and you'd also get grade predictions which unis look for to see if you're academically suitable. Your school would also give you advice on personal statements, where to apply according to your predicted grades etc.
Oh also, home-school fees are horrendous! I paid about £800 just for the exam fees this year as you have to pay invigilation fees on top of the exam cost. - This works out to be VERY expensive! If you get on the good side of your sixth form, you might not have to pay these invigilation fees :smile: (I had to pay to take my exams at a different school because they changed specifications for all of my exams at the old school :frown: - £11.52 per hour, plus the half hour before the exam and the half hour after the exam).
Original post by username2110825
You'd think, but...I hated them then, and I'm starting in September and still kiiinda do :rofl:

I applied for King's last year and idk if it's the same but I taught myself 2 of my A Levels, and they counted it - probably the same in your case! ^^

Do you mind me asking what a level you taught yourself? And also how did you get your predicted grades? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest