Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello student finance, my friend has asked me to post this as they dont have tsr. Unfortunately, only one of their parents has agreed to sign the declaration form and write down their tax, pension and income details etc. obviously the household includes both parents, so what is she supposed to do? many thanks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Hello student finance, my friend has asked me to post this as they dont have tsr. Unfortunately, only one of their parents has agreed to sign the declaration form and write down their tax, pension and income details etc. obviously the household includes both parents, so what is she supposed to do? many thanks.
    Unless they can get the declaration signed by both parents (assuming those parents live together) the SFE will only award the basic non-income assessed loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Unless they can get the declaration signed by both parents (assuming those parents live together) the SFE will only award the basic non-income assessed loan.
    Is this applied for online or by post and do you know how much that non-income assessed loan can be? Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Is this applied for online or by post and do you know how much that non-income assessed loan can be? Thanks
    The application can be either online or by post - if your friend applied for the maximum loan available then the basic amount will be awarded until there's household income information to prove otherwise.

For students living away from home and not in london it's around £6,000pa

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.