The Student Room Group

19 Years old (Please someone Help)

Hi I am living in Newcastle Upon Tyne and I turned 19 this month however I want to do A levels but colleges are not accepting anyone 18 + is there any other way I can do A levels please someone help me I am so stressed... (If anyone knows any college offers A level in Newcastle for 19+ Please tell me ASAP.)
(edited 6 years ago)
Have you tried looking at online A-Level courses or evening classes?
Original post by Yrn
Hi I am living in Newcastle Upon Tyne and I turned 19 this month however I want to do A levels but colleges are not accepting anyone 18 + is there any other way I can do A levels please someone help me I am so stressed... (If anyone knows any college offers A level in Newcastle for 19+ Please tell me ASAP.)

Talk to a careers adviser, better still go and see a local one. the contact deatails are on the link. I wasnt havng much luck with Newcastle College and A levels for adults are harder to find than BTEC or Access courses.

The careers adviser should know, alternatively you might have to travel to one of the neighbouring cities or do it via distance learning.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home
Reply 3
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have you tried looking at online A-Level courses or evening classes?

I don't think online courses will help me as well as one to one lessons but thanks for your advice.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to a careers adviser, better still go and see a local one. the contact deatails are on the link. I wasnt havng much luck with Newcastle College and A levels for adults are harder to find than BTEC or Access courses.

The careers adviser should know, alternatively you might have to travel to one of the neighbouring cities or do it via distance learning.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home

I spoke with a career advicer today but they do not have any clue, I also went to Newcastle College but they said no to me as well.
Original post by Yrn
I spoke with a career advicer today but they do not have any clue, I also went to Newcastle College but they said no to me as well.

Newcastle appears to have only one college, so it doesnt look like you can do them. No idea if there are private colleges but you would be paying thousands.

Your options are:

1. Teach yourself. You should contact the exam board and identify any exam centres. I cant remember what A levels you wanted, but sciences need lab time.

2. Distance learning.

3. Search furtherafield. I have e-mails Sunderland (dont think so) and Middlesborough.

4. If you are trying to get into Uni, then an access course might be your only choice.
Reply 6
Have you tried doing HE(Higher Education)?Is equivalent to A-level

Quick Reply

Latest