Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

why vote tory? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how voting tory is an attractive option; privatisation makes the rich richer, they have ruined the NHS and cut the education system to the sum of £2 billion and May wants a hard Brexit costing a potential £45 billion. Far from strong and stable.

ReputationRep:
    Only party someone who wants to see Brexit carried out probably can vote for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    I would vote for the Lib Dems over Conservative, but they don't stand a chance in my constituency, it's either Conservative or Labour.
    It's not just because Corbyn isn't a 'proper leader', his policies would greatly impact my local area. I live in the North West, and we have two major industries here. Nuclear and Defence, the trident replacement will be built in Barrow, and the Sellafield Nuclear reprocessing plant currently employs 10,000 people directly and most likely triple that indirectly. Whilst Corbyn can't shutdown Sellafield since it's already in place, he's already indicated he's going to stop the expansion of Sellafield which will create 1000's of new jobs in my local area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerospengie)
    Only party someone who wants to see Brexit carried out probably can vote for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    She pratically collpsed the Brexit negotiations before they even started...thats not carrying it out properly in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raging_purple)
    I would vote for the Lib Dems over Conservative, but they don't stand a chance in my constituency, it's either Conservative or Labour.
    It's not just because Corbyn isn't a 'proper leader', his policies would greatly impact my local area. I live in the North West, and we have two major industries here. Nuclear and Defence, the trident replacement will be built in Barrow, and the Sellafield Nuclear reprocessing plant currently employs 10,000 people directly and most likely triple that indirectly. Whilst Corbyn can't shutdown Sellafield since it's already in place, he's already indicated he's going to stop the expansion of Sellafield which will create 1000's of new jobs in my local area.
    Interesting point...nuclear has its benefits and pitfalls but that would be really damaging locally. Im not sure if he would go through with that though.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't going to privatise the NHS(what has already been privatised in fact started under labour) and as long as we're in the EU you can't nationalise any industry.

I'm voting tory because I believe they are the only party who will follow through on Brexit and leave the single market. The rest will try to keep us in through the back door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuyHere)
    They aren't going to privatise the NHS(what has already been privatised in fact started under labour) and as long as we're in the EU you can't nationalise any industry.

I'm voting tory because I believe they are the only party who will follow through on Brexit and leave the single market. The rest will try to keep us in through the back door.
    The problem is the NHS is so expensive for a free health service but privatisations not the way to deal with the issue..the fear is that May will make it more privatised than it already is...only time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tempest1)
    The problem is the NHS is so expensive for a free health service but privatisations not the way to deal with the issue..the fear is that May will make it more privatised than it already is...only time will tell.
    It's underfunded but according to all estimates no party is offering NHS England enough. Don't forget the others all have devolved parliaments to deal with their NHS so this election has no effect on them... although all are in a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raging_purple)
    This is a shame, but understandable. Similar to the Republicans who voted for Trump hoping to get work, but accepting the lack of health care coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuyHere)

Can you elaborate on this, considering the NHS is being defunded, with substantial figures pumped into private health care providers, the sell off of the UK Blood Banks and the recent Tory announcement to allow care providers to profit my seizing the assets of dead patients?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Except that the NHS has the lowest investment of all the G7 countries, around 8% of GDP compared with 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Except that the NHS has the lowest investment of all the G7 countries, around 8% of GDP compared with 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nice point...but a lot of the US and France's cost comes from voluntary expenditure. In Britain we dont have health insurance either...all comes out of the treasury. Relatuively little comes out of the public purse in the US.

ReputationRep:
    cos yer a c*nt

that is the only reason

ReputationRep:
    nice point...but a lot of the US and France's cost comes from voluntary expenditure. In Britain we dont have health insurance either...all comes out of the treasury. Relatuively little comes out of the public purse in the US.
    And yet somehow....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    And yet somehow....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    does that factor in private expenditure? Th epoint is that its clear there are growig pressures on the NHS..privatisatiosn not the way to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how voting tory is an attractive option; privatisation makes the rich richer, they have ruined the NHS and cut the education system to the sum of £2 billion and May wants a hard Brexit costing a potential £45 billion. Far from strong and stable.
    Preach!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then I often see people use the USA's high spending on healthcare as evidence of how inefficient the US healthcare system is.

ReputationRep:
    It would be vastly more expensive if we had to be privately insured. And over half the country couldn't afford to have insurance at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    It would be vastly more expensive if we had to be privately insured. And over half the country couldn't afford to have insurance at all.
    It still accounts for a significant sum of the % of GDP and the health service has been screwed under the torys...it has fallen apart. This is why it cant beprivatised further.

ReputationRep:
    I will never understand how someone in our age bracket would ever vote tory. she is majorly screwing over our generation and she gets away with it because not many of us vote, so in her eyes - who cares? What is amusing is that she has now targeted the "hand who feeds her" if you like, by totally s**tting on their end of life care.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto snapshots

Quickfire guides on what the main parties are promising

Party Leader quesions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.