Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What is the worst night sleep you have ever had?

ReputationRep:
    A few months ago , my arm was in so much pain the day before for some reason so it meant when I went to bed I couldn't sleep think I got 2 hours that night , felt knackered the next day

ReputationRep:
    I had a brief spell of stress related insomnia. That really sucked, sleeping is my hobby :lazy:

ReputationRep:
    Lucid dreams coupled with sleep paralysis, my friend. They're the worst.

ReputationRep:
    During hot/humid weather I struggle to sleep, other than that I can easily sleep and rarely have issues, even if I was in pain or there was too much noise.

ReputationRep:
    The third day of my break up when I had no more alcohol to send me to sleep

ReputationRep:
    when I dont bring my phone with me into bed...its a rough night

ReputationRep:
    A time when I was crashing on the floor of some horrible little apartment in Newcastle... had about 5 hours to sleep before getting up at 6 am, spent 2 of those trying to get comfy in my ultra-thin sleeping bag, and the other two shivering like crashing and thinking of all the horrible cold-related illnesses that could get me. Woke up sore with 2h sleep and a cold.

ReputationRep:
    Last summer on an uninhabited island in North Sardinia. My friends wanted to see the notoriously stunning sunrise from the beach and since we were drunk we thought it would be best to sleep there on the sand. We weren't equipped at all and didn't think we would need sleeping bags, but the temperature dropped incredibly during the night and there was a strong wind. I was miserable, freezing and sandy, wearing only swim trunks and a shirt and using two spare dirty, thin, white shirts to cover respectively my feet and legs, sharing a sweater with a friend for the rest of the body. Needless to say, I didn't manage to close my eyes for a minute.

In the morning we were too sick, tired and upset to fully appreciate the sight, so we got on the boat asap and quickly returned home.

ReputationRep:
    I've had insomnia before (so no sleep) and once had quite severe food poisoning and slept mostly for intermittent 15 minute periods for around a week.

I've also slept under a climbing frame in a park, in a pile of leaves in a different park (woke up with frost on me), in an abandoned garage, under a bridge etc. None of these were enjoyable :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I have ptsd so i can never sleep for longer than 3 hours, pretty much all of my sleeps are a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Lmao I have ptsd so i can never sleep for longer than 3 hours, pretty much all of my sleeps are a nightmare
    Sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    That time I stared at my ceiling until I heard birds screaming outside.

ReputationRep:
    The night before my EPQ presentation. Couldn't sleep. Was too terrified of the presentation ahead of me.

ReputationRep:
    During my Duke of Edinburgh expedition, where we had to sleep in tents. I felt really cold, yet really hot, so couldn't decide if I wanted to keep my sleeping bag on, and my head was hurting because the tent was on a rocky ground and it was really hard so I couldn't really put my head down, along with my entire body hurting due to walking a couple of miles with a massive and heavy rucksack.

ReputationRep:
    The only night I've never slept was before my driving test since my instructor said it would be helpful to have a lesson the night before, it totally backfired and I felt like I was still physically moving even after I'd showered and was laying in bed.

ReputationRep:
    I had sleep paralysis 3 years ago during my junior summer tests and it was horrible horrible horrible it was accompanied with auditory and visual hallucinations ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    What from???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerbiaStrong)
    What from???
    Like, how I came about getting ptsd?

ReputationRep:
    I have insomnia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obviously there have been all nighters. But I'd say my worst night of "sleep" was before A2 results day, because I probably drifted out for like an hour or so and it seemed to be just the right amount to make me much more tired than I had been before.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.