Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What is the worst night sleep you have ever had? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I cannot sleep in a moving vehicle. No matter how hard I try.

So when I went on my school ski trip, I decided that I would just accept that I wouldn't sleep.

Trouble is, I wasn't expecting what happened on the journey back.

We left at about 6pm (GMT+1) and expected to be back at about 1pm (GMT) the next day. But our coach broke down in the middle of the night, leaving us stuck on the edge of the motorway. During all this time I was in a state of suspended animation - I could feel myself drifting off but I never quite managed it. That went on for many hours.

In the end, we arrived home at quite literally oh-dark-thirty - it was 30 minutes past midnight. Allowing for the time difference, we had been travelling for 32 hours. And no sleep. So I got home and got into bed.

AND I COULDN'T SLEEP! No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't drift off. So I effectively went two consecutive nights without any sleep.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Probably when I had pneumonia years ago and I couldn't sleep because I kept coughing every minute or so and I'd be too hot then too cold and if I did manage to drift, I'd feel like I was choking and that would wake me back up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.