Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

am i revising correctly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have my lit paper on monday and i feel like i'm not revising what i need to, and on monday the question will throw me off.

for each book i have gone through them all, (read them obviously) and then gone through just analysing a little bit. i've learnt the key themes from each, about the main characters, context, and plot. is that all i need to learn about the books? oh and i've revised only 1-3 quotes that fit all themes. is that enough/?

i've then learnt how to answer the questions, what i need to include and the AO's etc. is this all? i'm aiming for a/a* :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie559)
    i have my lit paper on monday and i feel like i'm not revising what i need to, and on monday the question will throw me off.

for each book i have gone through them all, (read them obviously) and then gone through just analysing a little bit. i've learnt the key themes from each, about the main characters, context, and plot. is that all i need to learn about the books? oh and i've revised only 1-3 quotes that fit all themes. is that enough/?

i've then learnt how to answer the questions, what i need to include and the AO's etc. is this all? i'm aiming for a/a* :-)
    You seem to have covered lots of possibilities so that is good. Honestly do not worry about it! As long as you have a rlatively detailed knowledge of the book, which you seem to infer that you do, then there is nothing that should throw you off course. Maybe use your remaining time to do a few more practices or maybe find a few more quotes?

Good luck!

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.