GAMSAT Material (scored 82 happy to advise) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Osiris Wintereisse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a previous thread on here called My Gamsat experience, highlighting my experience of the GAMSAT. I sold my books to a friend who sat the March 2017 exam and he has just got his results back () and as he is still working requested that I sell the material on his behalf. These were originally my books, and I can vouch for their condition etc.)

I am looking to sell them at a fair price and in bulk as the postage fees will add up. I will offer a good discount if you are based in London, and I am happy to meet up around the Notting Hill area. I was also able to secure four offers for graduate entry, so I am happy to help and advise regarding interview prep and application.

I have the Des o'neill, Gradmed, Gold standard, Collins advanced science books, Medprep, Ozimed, Guru Method, Griffith review. I come from a non science background and not from an essay background, but with these material you will have more than sufficient practice to hone your abilities for S1, S2 and S3.I am currently abroad but should be back in London on the 24th.
Joe2Jonas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I came across your thread with regards to GAMSAT thread and would really love the resources you used. Unfortunately I am not based in London but I was wondering if you would be able to send all the material (apart from the Gold Standard Book since I have that book unfortunately.) I struggled in getting the MedPrep Material hence thought instead of buying them individually I may as well buy it all off you if the offer is still available?
medicalmillie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
any of these materials still available?
usernamenottaken
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
I have a previous thread on here called My Gamsat experience, highlighting my experience of the GAMSAT. I sold my books to a friend who sat the March 2017 exam and he has just got his results back () and as he is still working requested that I sell the material on his behalf. These were originally my books, and I can vouch for their condition etc.)

I am looking to sell them at a fair price and in bulk as the postage fees will add up. I will offer a good discount if you are based in London, and I am happy to meet up around the Notting Hill area. I was also able to secure four offers for graduate entry, so I am happy to help and advise regarding interview prep and application.

I have the Des o'neill, Gradmed, Gold standard, Collins advanced science books, Medprep, Ozimed, Guru Method, Griffith review. I come from a non science background and not from an essay background, but with these material you will have more than sufficient practice to hone your abilities for S1, S2 and S3.I am currently abroad but should be back in London on the 24th.
I know this thread wasn't made specifically for advice on the gamsat but as someone who's done well in the exam, if you had to start from scratch and prep for the exam in 3 months, what would you prioritise and how would you go about preparing for the gamsat knowing the things you do know?

Thanks in advance
Osiris Wintereisse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by usernamenottaken)
I know this thread wasn't made specifically for advice on the gamsat but as someone who's done well in the exam, if you had to start from scratch and prep for the exam in 3 months, what would you prioritise and how would you go about preparing for the gamsat knowing the things you do know?

Thanks in advance
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4527566
tmatim01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi can i please purchase the guru method resources please. I need them urgently. thank you.
Saudalyahya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im intersted too how do i get a hold of them!?
rickyrossman
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't touch biology or chemistry since GCSEs.

What textbooks do you recommend for me to study to understand section 3 of GAMSAT?
Osiris Wintereisse
Rep:
?
(Original post by rickyrossman)
I haven't touch biology or chemistry since GCSEs.

What textbooks do you recommend for me to study to understand section 3 of GAMSAT?
Khan academy, collins advanced science books, tbh any decent a level books should do the job.
rickyrossman
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Osiris Wintereisse)
Khan academy, collins advanced science books, tbh any decent a level books should do the job.
I see. I'm gonna buy the collins advanced science books for chemistry, physics and biology. But I see there's two options for biology: normal biology and human biology? Should I pick the normal biology book?
I'm gonna spend my uni summer holidays lifting, studying for the GAMSAT and doing medical work experience. Do I have to learn the whole book for each of the three subjects or is there a list of examinable topics for the GAMSAT?

With a score of 82 I assume you got into medical school? What were your UCAS choices?
Osiris Wintereisse
Rep:
?
(Original post by rickyrossman)
I see. I'm gonna buy the collins advanced science books for chemistry, physics and biology. But I see there's two options for biology: normal biology and human biology? Should I pick the normal biology book?
I'm gonna spend my uni summer holidays lifting, studying for the GAMSAT and doing medical work experience. Do I have to learn the whole book for each of the three subjects or is there a list of examinable topics for the GAMSAT?

With a score of 82 I assume you got into medical school? What were your UCAS choices?

I think it was the human biology. They aren’t good as intro to the sciences but you don’t “have to” get them to learn the sciences.

The info is all on the other thread which I presume you have already read!
Addiex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Currently looking to take the exam in Sept 2018
Need advise on what to study and how to study it!
Thanks
Arabicartist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm selling ACER papers, practice questions, the Griffith's review, Ozimed papers, GRADMED Booklets (Chemistry, Physics and Biology - covering the theory along with Qs) and a bunch of other questions.

I've also made an essay bundle pack if anyone struggles with Section II in particular! I got 77 in my essays last September 2017 when I sat the exam.

If interested PM me! Happy to advise
Addiex
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Yes I will be interested in the material.
Thank you.
Osiris Wintereisse
Rep:
?
(Original post by Addiex)
Hi

Currently looking to take the exam in Sept 2018
Need advise on what to study and how to study it!
Thanks

This thread goes into a lot of detail regarding how I studied.
jon_ol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, I sat Gamsat march 2018 achieving 58, 80, 56 (total 62).

For me, it had been over 15 years since I sat GCSE science and I left it there so it was difficult to get the science up to scratch. There are a few syllabuses around and I would argue no single one is definitive. I have got some useful tips I can give and a set of notes for sale so do PM me if you need anything to help you on your studies. Otherwise best of luck with the September sitting!

Very happy to answer questions you might have as I found the forums really useful throughout as a source of knowledge and motivation.
Nax0s
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am interested in the Guru material and finding out any other tips you may have for revising!
medhopeeful
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all, I have decided not to take the GAMSAT and I am wondering if anyone would like to purchase my materials?

I have:
-GAMSAT Gold standard (2016-2017) text book with syllabus and all content to learn!
-Des O'Neill Revision guides for each section; S1, S2, S3
-Des O'Neill Question Books for each section
-ACER papers
-ACER sample questions
-All MEDPREP papers
-Ozimed papers
-GAMSAT Guru workbooks and questions for each section
-2016 Gold standard chemistry PBL questions
-aceGAMSAT exam mock
-aceGAMSAT questions
-aceGAMSAT essay bible- acing the essay section
-Gold standard exam
-Written communication for GAMSAT- a step by step approach- book
-The Meaning of Things: Applying Philosophy to life By Prof A.C. Grayling book - for section1 /2
-1984 Nineteen Eighty-Four Penguin Modern Cl by George Orwell New Paperback Book - for section 1/2

Hit me up if anyone wants anything!!x
medhopeeful
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone, If anyone needs some GAMSAT materials to purchase, PM me!

I have:
-GAMSAT Gold standard (2016-2017) text book with syllabus and all content to learn!
-Des O'Neill Revision guides for each section; S1, S2, S3
-Des O'Neill Question Books for each section
-ACER papers- purple and pink one- the latest ones!!
-ACER sample questions
-All MEDPREP papers
-GAMSAT Guru workbooks and questions for each section
-2016 Gold standard chemistry PBL questions
-aceGAMSAT exam mock
-aceGAMSAT questions
-aceGAMSAT essay bible- acing the essay section
-Gold standard exam
Osiris Wintereisse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I would be grateful if others selling materials were to start new threads rather than hijack this one.

This thread is regarding GAMSAT materials that I have and the in depth information I have provided regarding how to best prepare for the GAMSAT and the interviews.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (154)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.71%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.55%

Watched Threads